+
ideal world an alternate universe marvel + dc roleplay
synopsis The world is once again in an age of heroes. After the events of New York, the world has been in chaos, with threats to the world's safety coming more often than they ever have. SHIELD could no longer conceal the presence of metahumans, and when they fell, taken down from the inside by Hydra, they left humanity vulnerable to threats it never could have imagined, until the forces of evil managed to rupture the divide between universes. With the fate of the world balancing upon the shoulders of these rising heroes, just where will your place be in this new ideal world?

ideal world is an alternate universe Marvel + DC roleplay hosted on Jcink Premium since December 2016. Set following the events of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Justice League, and X-Men: Apocalypse, we are based primarily within the cinematic universes but with more than enough flexibility to allow for inspiration to be drawn from other sources, such as comics, video games, television series, animated shows, and more. We pride ourselves on our relaxed environment and easy-going nature to create a safe and welcoming community for all of our members.
staff
please register characters using
a given name with proper case,
ie Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne
news
Activity Check ⇀ June 23 - June 30
Ultron Event ⇀ June 1
Activity Check ⇀ May 24 - May 31
May Newsletter ⇀ May 1
Activity Check ⇀ April 23 - April 30

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed

Contest of Champions Master Thread, signups + point tally
Loremaster
years old
year old
Loremaster
0 🜚 0
played by
The Universe
The Universe
— guest
posted on Jan 1 2018, 12:34 PM
( )

contest of champions event

"Five! Four! Three! Two!"

"One."

As the New Years' Ball dropped in Times Square, the air seemed to glitter around it for a moment before, just as it touched the ground, it shattered into a fine powdered dust, crystalizing in an instant and disappearing. A hush fell over the crowd and an unfamiliar face took over the screens.

"Hello, is this thing on? Hello? Oh good, you can hear me. Fantastic." The man smiled and waved away his attendants, charming, if a little sinister for a city growing used to the attempted hostile takeover of its way of life. "Greetings, people of Terra. I am the illustrious Grandmaster, the first lost, first to be found, creator of Sakaar, and father to the famous Contest of Champions. Now, it has come to my attention that you Terrans are host to some really fascinating champions and.... well, I'll just say it, have no idea who I am, which is a downright tragedy. But! I, in all my infinite wisdom and kindness, have decided to change that.

"Inside of each of your.... teams? Groups? Loosely affiliated parties who fight together when it's convenient? We'll just go with teams, it makes it easier." He brushed the matter aside with one hand. "Now where was I? Oh, right, yes. Inside each of your teams' bases here on Terra, there will be a teleporter that will permit you to travel to my arena here on Sakaar. I will also be leaving a few others scattered throughout your planet in order to allow for people to come and go as they please, and allow them the chance to watch the spectacle live from the arena, if they don't want to watch from the viewscreens here on Terra. Consider it your chance to enjoy the entertainment my planet has to offer and the festivities here on what we call home.

"But, for each of your teams, I will be expecting a group of two to four people to serve as a representative of your team. Each team will be pitted against each other to see who really is Terra's Mightiest Heroes. Or Villains. I'm not exactly picky about who wins."

The Grandmaster smiled widely. "Oh, and by the way, for anyone who might be thinking of ignoring my invitation... I have a little incentive for you to participate." He reached to the side, just off-screen, and plucked forth a small, glowing amber-colored stone. "The winner of my little contest will get this. Along with a number of other luxuries, as befitting of one of my champions." He played with the stone for a few moments more before he tucked it away again, smiling and giving a charming wink to the camera. "You have a week before the first stage of the contest will begin, and may the odds be ever in your favor."

The screens then winked back to their original displays, but in the middle of the square where the ball had smashed down was a glowing red and gold arch assembling, ostentatious in its design but creating a portal to another planet, directly into a colorful square beneath a towering construct above a large gladiatorial arena. Each corner of the large market was devoted to a new team, given color and supporters in turn, along with names and likenesses. It seemed that the Contest of Champions truly had come to Earth, and for now, the only way to win was to play.

Loremaster
years old
year old
Loremaster
0 🜚 0
played by
The Universe
The Universe
— guest
posted on Jan 1 2018, 12:34 PM
( )

The New Year has arrived, and with it, the galaxy-famous Contest of Champions has come to Earth, looking for new contenders among the superheroes (and supervillains) of Earth. Teleportation portals have been left in many of the major cities (and team bases) to allow for easy access to and from Sakaar and the arena, and while some have expressed reservations about indulging the whims of this Grandmaster, the fact of the matter is that the man has offered what seems to be an Infinity Stone as the grand prize, among "other things", for the winning team, and as such, keeping the powerful artifact out of the wrong hands seems as good a reason as any to play along, if only for now.

General threads around Sakaar relating to the Contest (even if they are not with contenders) may be done in this board, as well as interactions between contenders while outside of the three stages. Each of the three stages will award points to a given team for participation and other individualized mechanics - these stages will begin on January 8th, January 22nd, and February 12th, respectively. Late entries will be accepted, but you do so at your own risk.

The biggest point of this is to have fun and hopefully build out some of our rosters, so please keep that in mind and try not to get too competitive in here! Just stay competitive enough to keep it interesting. I'm talking to you, Loki, stop placing bets on your brother losing, for Hela's sake.

team standings

the avengers

445 points
Tony Stark (Marie)
Natasha Romanoff (Britt)

guardians of the galaxy

505 points
Rocket (Marie)
Hal Jordan (Ameri)
Clark Kent (Kue)

x-men

495 points

hydra

220 points

teen titans

440 points
Rachel Roth (Kira)
Zan (Xanakins)
Kent Nelson (Ameri)

the defenders

350 points
Frank Castle (Xanakins)
Stephen Strange (Blunt)

gucci gang

40 points

team signups

Each team in the Contest of Champions is made up of two (2) to four (4) characters and is designed to be based off of our official team rosters. However, since the rosters may make things a little sparse, we have adopted the following allowances:

• Characters who are part of teams with less than three (3) characters in them may opt to join another team
  • Characters who are part of teams with more than three (3) players may opt to join another team if that team has already been submitted
  • Unaffiliated characters may join any available team they like

Our only restrictions on teams at the moment are that teams with more than four (4) characters must take members from that team, even if characters are inactive, and that players are limited to entering up to three (3) characters as long as they are all on different teams. This is to help keep things somewhat fair for everyone as well as try to allow for a balance and some chance to allow for some self-selection in teams.

If you'd like to sign up for a team, post in this thread to offer yourself for a team. We start listing teams when we have two members in the team, but we will be able to add members in until we hit four, at which point the team will "lock" unless we get confirmation that someone wants to switch teams. We're more than happy to allow you to change your team at any time, but if we feel this system is being abused, this may be changed.

Official team signups will run from January 1st through January 7th. You are more than welcome to edit or add teams after this point, but since the event begins officially then, we may not be quite as quick in keeping this up to date.

earning points

Outside of the stages of the event, which will have their own methods to contributing points, there are other methods of offering some points to a team, all of which don't even need you to be officially signed up to a team! Show some of that team loyalty by keeping up with it in this thread.

Any new members to the site, upon approval of their first character, are allowed to contribute 50 points to whichever team they like. If they were recruited by a member already on the site, that member will also get to add 25 points to a team of their choice, alongside the additional recruitment bonuses we award members.

Approvals for new characters who are on a given team will also award 25 points to that team when they're approved. This bonus will apply regardless of whether it's a new or an existing member making the character, but if we feel this is being abused, this bonus will be negated.

Finally, we also will be running an advertising contest portion of our event! For every ad posted and linked to, members will be able to apply one point towards a team of their choice.

"Late" entries To keep things relatively fair, "late entry" teams who join up after the first stage of the event ends will be given a point value randomized for last place which is still reasonable for them to be able to catch up.

Inactive teams To also keep things fair, members from teams with members who went inactive during a phase will be able to ask for a small bonus of points randomized for them to "catch up" from that phase. While it will not be the full value of the given phase, it's meant to be a way to recover some points for something beyond your control.

Staff
years old
year old
Staff
3 🜚 720
played by Marie
Marie
Marie
— guest
posted on Jan 1 2018, 09:22 PM
( )
Tony Stark for the Avengers. HE NEEDS TO WIN THAT INFINITY STONE

Avengers:
Tony Stark (Marie)

Guardians:
Rocket (Marie)

Edit: Hydra: Ophelia Sarkissian
Staff
years old
year old
Staff
4 🜚 130
played by Lily
Lily
Lily
— guest
posted on Jan 1 2018, 10:12 PM
( )
X-Men:
Alex Summers (Lily)
Civilian
years old
year old
Civilian
50 🜚 5
played by Kira
Jack Rollins
Jack Rollins
— guest
posted on Jan 2 2018, 11:13 AM
( )
oh what the heck sign jack up for hydra

edit: and add raven for the titans i guess

edit: and also adding scott for the x-men
Player
years old
year old
Player
2 🜚 60
played by Britt
Britt
Britt
— guest
posted on Jan 2 2018, 12:10 PM
( )
Avengers:
Natasha Romanoff (Britt)
Player
years old
year old
Player
3 🜚 0
played by Xanakins
Xanakins
Xanakins
— guest
posted on Jan 2 2018, 10:34 PM
( )
Zan for Teen Titans.

Frank Castle for Defenders.
years old
year old
0 🜚
played by
Rei
Rei
— guest
posted on Jan 6 2018, 10:42 PM
( )
Zemo for Hydra

he totally goes here
Staff
years old
year old
Staff
31 🜚 840
played by Kira
Kira
Kira
— guest
posted on Jan 7 2018, 09:48 PM
( )

With stage one of the event now up a day early, we will be proceeding with the following team lineups.

The Avengers: Tony Stark + Natasha Romanoff

X-Men: Alex Summers + Scott Summers

Hydra: Jack Rollins, Ophelia Sarkissian, + Helmut Zemo

Teen Titans: Rachel Roth + Zan

In light of the fact that the following teams are currently nonviable, we will be temporarily combining your teams together and then evenly splitting the points between you should you get a second member (or alternatively, joining a different team or withdrawing the character to switch for a different one).

Guardians of the Galaxy: Rocket

The Defenders: Frank Castle

You are still welcome to make edits to existing teams, join with new teams, add new characters, and so on as you like! This isn't going to be officially closed, hence why I'm posting here, not the usual powers that be. From here on in though, please do another post and tag me (Kira) if you are going to make any additional changes or posts simply so that I can keep the list current and keep a better eye on things.

Thanks guys, you're the best.

years old
year old
0 🜚
played by
Rei
Rei
— guest
posted on Jan 9 2018, 08:04 PM
( )
beep beep new team incoming. the avengers are QUAKING

Mattie Kalenberg (Rei) for Gucci Gang
Staff
years old
year old
Staff
4 🜚 130
played by Lily
Lily
Lily
— guest
posted on Jan 9 2018, 08:12 PM
( )
WELP! obviously gotta toss the next member in! :D

Gucci Gang
Tessa Rogers - Lily
Staff
years old
year old
Staff
31 🜚 840
played by Kira
Kira
Kira
— guest
posted on Jan 9 2018, 09:25 PM
( )
c'mon guys what did i say about tagging me for future entries to help me keep things updated uh i mean-

Tessa Rogers and Mattie Kalenberg have been added for the team gucci gang!
Staff
years old
year old
Staff
9 🜚 220
played by AmericanFacepalm
Americanfacepalm
Americanfacepalm
— guest
posted on Jan 27 2018, 09:56 PM
( )
Guardians of the Galaxy (he's a guardian, right?):

Hal Jordan - AmericanFacepalm
Staff
years old
year old
Staff
31 🜚 840
played by Kira
Kira
Kira
— guest
posted on Jan 27 2018, 10:11 PM
( )
Hal Jordan, you're signed up with the guardians of the galaxy!

Uhhh.... shoot Frank Castle, you can just exist on your own for the second stage of the event, so lemme know to figure out what to do with you if we don't have a second team mate for you or another loose team of one by the time we hit stage three, okay?
Staff
years old
year old
Staff
9 🜚 220
played by AmericanFacepalm
Americanfacepalm
Americanfacepalm
— guest
posted on Feb 4 2018, 05:39 PM
( )
Kent Nelson for the Teen Titans!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed

Ideal World was established in December 2016 as a site idea by Kira from the assorted Marvel, X-Men, and DC Cinematic Universes and with heavy inspiration from other sources, namely the original comics by Marvel and DC.

Everybody Knows skin created by Kuroya of OOC exclusively for Ideal World, so please do not rip or steal. Assorted icon macros come courtesy of Font Awesome, customizable code boxes and cbox toggle come thanks to Nicole of CTTW, the modal popups are by Black of Code, and the tooltip styling was originally by Malihu. ; all edits were made by Kuroya.

All posts and content belong to their original owners, so please do not steal them.