+

ideal world an alternate universe marvel + dc roleplay
synopsis The world is once again in an age of heroes. After the events of New York, the world has been in chaos, with threats to the world's safety coming more often than they ever have. SHIELD could no longer conceal the presence of metahumans, and when they fell, taken down from the inside by Hydra, they left humanity vulnerable to threats it never could have imagined, until the forces of evil managed to rupture the divide between universes. With the fate of the world balancing upon the shoulders of these rising heroes, just where will your place be in this new ideal world?

ideal world is an alternate universe Marvel + DC roleplay hosted on Jcink Premium since December 2016. Set following the events of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Justice League, and X-Men: Apocalypse, we are based primarily within the cinematic universes but with more than enough flexibility to allow for inspiration to be drawn from other sources, such as comics, video games, television series, animated shows, and more. We pride ourselves on our relaxed environment and easy-going nature to create a safe and welcoming community for all of our members.
staff
please register characters using
a given name with proper case,
ie Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne
news
Ultron Event ⇀ June 1
Activity Check ⇀ May 24 - May 31
May Newsletter ⇀ May 1
Activity Check ⇀ April 23 - April 30

Add Reply

Harry, Harry quite contrary., Tag: Harry | Kira
Hero
years old
year old
Hero
7 🜚 60
played by ELY
Gwen Stacy
Gwen Stacy
— guest
posted on May 22 2018, 10:31 PM
( )

pr!mad0nnag!rl

all i ever wanted was the world

This world was an exact replica of her own in some aspects. Gwen still had not gotten use to the lack of her villains lurking on ever corner. She swore about half of them knew who she was at this point. The way the sun shone here was almost like she was a different person. She hadn't put on her spider-woman costume since arriving here. Perhaps it was because in this world they had a spider-man and he showed no need for a supporting player. That is right, Peter Parker. He was alive in this world. Gwen had kept her distance from the male, she didn't know this Gwen Stacy's fate or even their "friendship" status. It was all extremely dramatic. She stressed every corner she took wondering if she would see an identical face to her own or worse.....his face. She sighed at the very thought of having to explain herself to either.

Quickly she moved to cross the street, the light had turned and she finally had a chance to book it from one end to the next. She had almost forgotten how nice it felt to run like really run. As Gwen moved to step onto a curb she felt her arm collide with another person. Anger began to rise within her. Her voice was low and clearly annoyed at the fact someone had not spoken up. "Are you serious? Manners, they are called MANNERS!" The last word was louder than the rest causing people to look over noticing her. Quickly Gwen realized her emotions were still uncontrolled. The Venom suit had really taken a toll on her and she had only been free of it for a short while.

The more she thought about that creature the more she began to worry. What if Venom was in this world too? Would she be able to resist the urges that she had failed in her world. It all seemed overwhelming and the sounds of the city seemed to grow louder to the point she couldn't breath. It all seemed to be slipping away she lost track of where she was going. Gwen walked aimlessly almost in a trance as her spider senses began to overpower her regular ones. She needed something solid to hold onto a voice, a place, a person something to draw her back to the real world. Silently she reached a hand out to touch a wall perhaps being grounded would help? Was this what vertigo felt like?

Villain
years old
year old
Villain
53 🜚 20
played by Kira
Harry Osborn
Harry Osborn
— guest
posted on May 26 2018, 07:30 PM
( )

Harry was really starting to hate the words 'rain check'. He hadn't talked to Peter in weeks, not properly, and it made something in him itch, tense up and want to growl and snap. He missed Peter, and it wasn't as if he had a way to distract himself, what with the way that Gwen had just stopped replying to his texts - and that had hurt too, he'd thought they'd been friends - and MJ had been too busy to have time even for him.

He'd just wanted a distraction from the retroviral inside him, making his hands shake and killing him slowly. Had that been so much to ask? A distraction that didn't make him want to scream or throw something? A distraction that, for five minutes in the movie that was his life, made him happy? The walls of his penthouse had seemed so empty, almost as though they were mocking him in turn, and he could only take it for so long before he couldn't and he was escaping out onto the street, throwing a pair of sunglasses over his eyes as he walked. He didn't know where he was going or why, only that he had to get away from his apartment, and he walked for a good several minutes, until the crowds slowly disappeared and he came to a stop somewhere in Queens - because of course his feet would take him back towards Peter and the others, of fucking course - with his chest heaving and some sense of shame starting to creep into him again.

God, he'd left without even taking his phone with him. He felt like a real idiot right about then, and he sighed, planning on just dropping by the Parker house since, if nothing else, he could ask Aunt May if he could get a ride back to Oscorp. He sighed and turned on his heel, starting back the way he had come, only he paused after a few blocks, his brow furrowing. "Gwen?" he asked to himself, seeing a familiar head of hair, and he ducked around before he was sure. "Gwen!" He started after her, not thinking anything of it. "Gwen! Wait up!"

Template by Kira of IW
Hero
years old
year old
Hero
7 🜚 60
played by ELY
Gwen Stacy
Gwen Stacy
— guest
posted on May 27 2018, 08:24 PM
( )

pr!mad0nnag!rl

Everything was spinning, she could feel herself slipping towards nothingness. She had no control over her feet, her thoughts, her hands. The more she walked the less she felt human, the less she wanted to stay here. She continued to shuffle through the crowd thinking it was all hopeless until a familiar voice called her name. The voice seemed to come from all around her. It was a males voice one she knew but heartache followed. She thought perhaps it was her mind trying to ease her but she heard it again and then again. That voice, she did know it. "Harry? She whispered to herself almost sure she knew internally who it was. There was something about seeing this worlds Harry, MJ, and Peter that scared her to death. When she heard him ask her to wait up Gwen instantly snapped out of her trance, the sound of his voice must have been enough to make her fears subside....for now. She stopped in her tracks and looked around her almost nervous.

This worlds Gwen had seemingly dropped off the face of the planet. She wasn't sure if she was alive and walking around or no longer among them. It was much more unnerving to know that your other world self could give you away. The sudden realization of Harry being her only made Gwen become cautious. The Stacy's of this world chalked Gwens odd behavior up to her "accident" not realizing she had come from another world. She guessed it was better to not startle them. Perhaps Harry might believe her story of hitting her head?

Seconds has passed before Gwen caught sight of Harry in the crowd. The resemblance of him was so scary and well she had to admit she had missed him very much. It was really hard to maintain a friendship with someone who wanted to end your very breaths. Gwen decided not to stand there like an awkward plant so she moved towards him in short strides closing the gap slowly on her end but surely. When the two were a few feet from one another Gwen pretended to look confused. "Harry? she made her words seem so unsure for a moment and then her eyes lite up like she was surprised. "Goodness Harry, forgive me it takes me a moment these days. I had a horrible accident a few months back lost a bit of memory for a short time. How have you been? I haven't heard from you in some time. She didn't have this worlds Gwen's phone though she sure wished she did.

All she could do at this point in time was hope that he bought the small lie she was telling. She smiled softly at him. She couldn't help it. The thought of this Harry happy, loving, unburdened by insanity made her feel so happy. Little did she know the deep dark truth lurking beneath those stunning eyes. She couldn't help herself from feeling giddy and she pushed any and all worries to the back of her mind.
Villain
years old
year old
Villain
53 🜚 20
played by Kira
Harry Osborn
Harry Osborn
— guest
posted on Jun 6 2018, 09:47 PM
( )

He didn't want to run, but he could almost feel her slipping away from him. And after so many texts, so long without a word when he'd been trying to reach out to Gwen, he was wary of her just disappearing again, turning into a ghost that he'd never be able to put his hands on if he'd actually tried. He strode over to her, picking up his pace to a swifter walk, not quite jogging or running, and for a moment, he debated doing it until the people managed to thin out enough for the Osborn heir to meet her eyes. And she actually turned towards him, making him let out an uncertain breath and slow down his pace a little. Which was probably a good thing. He could feel the trembles from the retroviral starting up again, and he'd rather not faint in the middle of the street just because he was chasing after her.

Harry hid his hands in his pockets as he finally covered the last of the space between them, coming to a stop right as her mouth shaped his name and oh. Oh. That stung a little, the uncertainty in her voice. As though they'd never met, as though she'd forgotten him. He stiffened, his hands clenching in his pockets, and he started bristling up like a cat when their owner suddenly turns the corner to reveal the full bathtub before she continued.

Amnesia. That was.... better. But. He still couldn't fully cover the hurt that had flashed across his face before he pushed it away, into his eyes, behind the sunglasses he wore. He knew that she had no control over it, but then, his emotions rarely listened to rationalities like that. "I've been texting you," he mumbled. "Tried calling a few times. You never answered." He shifted a little, trying to stuff back the hurt, bury it down deep inside. The same way he did with his father. With the servants. With the super models. With every time Peter would say he needed a rain check. "What even happened to you anyway? I hadn't heard anything."

Template by Kira of IW
Hero
years old
year old
Hero
7 🜚 60
played by ELY
Gwen Stacy
Gwen Stacy
— guest
posted on Jun 7 2018, 11:38 AM
( )

pr!mad0nnag!rl

Gwen could tell he was tense, this whole encounter with her had her stressing already. In her world Harry hated her, he wanted to end her and now here she was with a second chance. A chance to be with her friends the way they all use to be. Honestly it scared her more than anything. Everything would be fine it had to be she didn't have a choice, she couldn't tell him who she really was....could she? When he brought up the texting and calling she knew she had an excuse for that. She make a sad expression. "Oh dear, I am so sorry Harry. When I woke up in the hospital no one had seen my phone. Honestly worst moment of my life. I have no idea where it went or if its even active anymore. I can give you my new number I just have been so busy trying to regain my memories back. I haven't even spoken to Peter either." Was she friends with MJ here? Best not to bring it up because honestly what if the two of them hated one another here?

She frowned slightly realizing Harry was wearing glasses and his posture was tense...did something happen between him and the original Gwen? She frowned for a moment before she moved to him and offered her hands. "Please forgive me Harry? I promise to never leave you alone again. Us against the world. I couldn't imagine losing you over something like this." She had lost him once she couldnt bare to do it again. Gwen was going to keep him close, she needed this and she couldn't help but think he needed it too. Besides she wasn't really sure what the extent of their relationship had been. Had they dated? Where they just friends? It was all so strange to her in this world.

From what Gwen had gathered from this worlds Stacys she had dated Peter but no one spoke much about Harry Osborn. Oddly enough Gwen didn't care about who she had or hadn't dated in this world they were all so different from her own. Peter in this world was supposedly very intelligent and well Gwen liked her Peter the one who like music and kept to himself. It was going to take time to adjust to this life style. "Why don't we go get something to eat and you can catch me up on everything you have been up too. Deal?" She wanted to spent more time with him. Honestly as much as she could get.
Villain
years old
year old
Villain
53 🜚 20
played by Kira
Harry Osborn
Harry Osborn
— guest
posted on Jun 12 2018, 07:22 PM
( )

A small, petty part of him wanted to stay mad at her. It wanted to growl at her and roil, rage at the fact that I'm sorry didn't do a thing to fix all of the emotions he'd been experiencing the last few days, and for a moment, he basked in the sensation, like a murderer twirling a knife up to the light to watch the way that the blade would reflect the ruby of the blood along its length, but ultimately, he knew that he had to let the feeling slip through his fingers. He might have been self-destructive, yes, sometimes he wasn't eager to completely ruin whatever lifelines he happened to have left. "You're not getting out of that," he stated. "If I wanted to keep playing phone tag with someone, I'd just keep texting with Peter." His tone of voice was rather haughty, as though to let her in on the joke of same old Peter, but that disguised the hurt lurking behind it, hidden away in his eyes behind his sunglasses. He was slowly losing touch from all of the friends he'd made since high school, now when he needed them most, and he was free-falling all the faster for it.

He took in a deep breath and then let it out again. God, he'd just been so on edge since he'd started showing the symptoms of retroviral. But then, he supposed that wasn't much of a surprise either, what with how everything was shifting in perspective and how he felt more alone than ever, vice president of Oscorp while his body started failing on him the same way that his father's had. "Just... don't do it again, okay?" He shifted a little, drawing his hand out of his pocket again and trying to banish some of the lingering hurt and anger from his posture, swallow it down the way he did with the Board (it was nothing like how he swallowed it down for the Board, not when he actually liked her and he couldn't have given less of a rat's ass one way or the other what the Board thought of him as long as the backstabbers weren't actively sabotaging him at the given moment).

Harry offered her the edge of a charming smile, a glimpse into the man he could be, when the cameras were rolling and he actually cared enough to do the song and dance his father had impressed upon him. "Sure. Pete canceled on me tonight anyway, so it's not as though I was going to do anything other than go back to my penthouse and find something on Youtube to distract myself anyway."

Template by Kira of IW
Hero
years old
year old
Hero
7 🜚 60
played by ELY
Gwen Stacy
Gwen Stacy
— guest
posted on Jun 14 2018, 09:22 PM
( )

pr!mad0nnag!rl

Gwen was taken back when he mention that Peter played phone tag with him. She had not gotten a chance to figure out who this worlds Spider was but she now had a slight idea that it could have been this worlds Peter Parker. Best to keep that information hidden away for a rainy day situation. Even though she wasn't from this world and she wasn't the reason Harry was upset she felt a twinge of guilt in her gut. If this worlds Gwendolyn Stacy really cared for Harry Osborn and Peter Parker then why had she just left them with nothing. At that point she wanted to tell him the truth, she wanted to blurt out that she wasn't his Gwen Stacy and that she would have never turned her back on him. She wanted to be honest but she had already told him something different. She couldn't risk him hating her or worse thinking she was lying about the truth. Gwen bit her lower lip and moved to fiddle with her fingers. She had to keep herself from telling him everything.

She was going to spill the beans she just couldn't hold it in or at least she didn't think she could until he accepted the apology. Gwen looked at him her blue eyes full of surprise at how much he really cared about her and Peter. Gwen felt tears well up in her eyes as she looked at Harry. She couldn't see his eyes but she knew he could see hers and the weakness she was showing now was a danger for them both. She couldn't imagine hurting Harry not now not ever. She nodded slightly when he told her not to do it again a tear or two slipping from her eyes and down her cheeks. It was so hard for her not to be sentimental at this point in time.

When he agreed to go with her she wiped at the teas with her sleeve trying to make sure she got each droplet before it stained her makeup covered cheeks. She couldn't help it anymore Gwen felt so bad that he had gotten cancelled on that she moved to wrap her arms around his waist attempting to rest her head on his shoulder. "I will always be here for you Harry. I am so sorry I let you feel that way." she didn't want to let him go she wanted to stay here with him for as long as she could. It wasn't every day you got a second chance with someone you thought you had lost. She looked up at him with the same smile she had been giving him all night. Her eyes shimmered int the light because she felt like she was home with him. "You know what sounds great? A root beer float." She had no idea if she even liked those in this world but it was comfort food in her world.

Villain
years old
year old
Villain
53 🜚 20
played by Kira
Harry Osborn
Harry Osborn
— guest
posted on Jun 19 2018, 09:35 AM
( )

She was crying. She was crying big, wet tears, the water pooling in her eyes and trickling down her cheeks. She. She really did care. She really was sorry. Good. She should be. She'd left him alone, she'd abandoned him, just like everyone else in his life did, and she hadn't even told him why, she'd just disappeared, dropped right out of his life as though he'd never mattered, as though she'd never even existed. She should feel sorry. She ought to pay too. Just like his father and Peter and Mary Jane and all the rest. They had abandoned him. And it was all their fault. Harry hesitated for a long moment, watching the way that the tears spilled over from her eyes, before he sighed and rummaged in his pocket, pulling out a tissue and offering it to her. "Here. You'll just get mascara on your sleeves, and that's always a bitch to get out. Trust me."

His hands jerked up when she reached to hug him, the sensation so foreign to him that it had him reacting defensively for a moment before he caught up to himself. He paused before he rested his hands on her back gingerly. "Thanks Gwen," he mumbled a little thickly, and for a moment, the truth nearly tumbled from his lips, some half-sarcastic quip about how she wouldn't need to keep such a close eye on him for too much longer at the rate he was falling apart. But he didn't. He wrangled the words deeper into his mouth, smothering them down so that she wouldn't change her mind. He didn't want to be alone right now. Not when he could practically watch his relationship with Peter crumble right in front of his eyes.

The Osborn heir managed a smile at her, a little more awkward but a little more honest too. "I never do understand what you and Pete see in those things," he answered her but he glanced around them before starting to tow her along in the direction of an ice cream parlour, if he had his bearings right. "You can have a milkshake like normal people without going to all that trouble."

Template by Kira of IW
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

Ideal World was established in December 2016 as a site idea by Kira from the assorted Marvel, X-Men, and DC Cinematic Universes and with heavy inspiration from other sources, namely the original comics by Marvel and DC.

Everybody Knows skin created by Kuroya of OOC exclusively for Ideal World, so please do not rip or steal. Assorted icon macros come courtesy of Font Awesome, customizable code boxes and cbox toggle come thanks to Nicole of CTTW, the modal popups are by Black of Code, and the tooltip styling was originally by Malihu. ; all edits were made by Kuroya.

All posts and content belong to their original owners, so please do not steal them.