+
ideal world an alternate universe marvel + dc roleplay
synopsis The world is once again in an age of heroes. After the events of New York, the world has been in chaos, with threats to the world's safety coming more often than they ever have. SHIELD could no longer conceal the presence of metahumans, and when they fell, taken down from the inside by Hydra, they left humanity vulnerable to threats it never could have imagined, until the forces of evil managed to rupture the divide between universes. With the fate of the world balancing upon the shoulders of these rising heroes, just where will your place be in this new ideal world?

ideal world is an alternate universe Marvel + DC roleplay hosted on Jcink Premium since December 2016. Set following the events of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Justice League, and X-Men: Apocalypse, we are based primarily within the cinematic universes but with more than enough flexibility to allow for inspiration to be drawn from other sources, such as comics, video games, television series, animated shows, and more. We pride ourselves on our relaxed environment and easy-going nature to create a safe and welcoming community for all of our members.
staff
please register characters using
a given name with proper case,
ie Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne
news
Activity Check ⇀ June 23 - June 30
Ultron Event ⇀ June 1
Activity Check ⇀ May 24 - May 31
May Newsletter ⇀ May 1
Activity Check ⇀ April 23 - April 30

Add Reply

Spacebirds, Tag: Yondu / Kira
Hero
years old
year old
Hero
4 🜚 30
played by Zodoff
Peter Quill
Peter Quill
— guest
posted on Apr 2 2018, 06:00 AM
( )
Hooked on a feeling
It was a pretty good sleep, by all accounts. Maybe a little undercut by a couple of hours, not that he was counting. Of course, this wasn't exactly the way he thought he would be waking up on the Milano.

He groaned, feeling something moving on top of him. He hadn't recalled going to bed with someone this time around - surely not. Slowly, Peter opened his eyes. They immediately widened as a orange beak came into view.

"Holy shit!"

Okay, maybe he flung a couple onto the floor by accident in his startled state, whacking his own head on something as he scrambled out of bed. Peter frowned, taking very small steps back. That wasn't a chick that he had picked up from one of the planets they passed by! They weren't even humanoid! They were baby chicks! And, they....were following him.

"You even have space helmets on."

He shook his head, running a hand down his face. Peter knew that Yondu had snuck off with Rocket, most likely because the Racoon had dragged his space-dad into it. But, he could enjoy the fact that he could shout that he was a chick magnet and see whether anyone was going to take the bait. "Yondu! Imma chick-magnet!"

count: ## // notes: n/a
♥ spenny
Neutral
years old
year old
Neutral
20 🜚 10
played by Kira
Yondu Udonta
Yondu Udonta
— guest
posted on Apr 3 2018, 07:34 PM
( )
i'm mary poppins y'all

Yondu was tending to some of the scrap and things, tucking his gear away from where he'd been finishing up some maintenance on the ship when he heard Peter call for him. He raised an eyebrow but gamely turned on his heel and went to go find his adopted son. "Now boy, lissen 'ere-" he began, not quite sure where he was going with that but feeling that he ought to at least knock a groping hand towards being a proper daddy to the Terran.

Of course, the moment he actually got into the doorway and saw the assortment of fuzzy yellow birds around Peter, he broke into a loud roar of laughter, the Centaurian even reaching to grab the doorway as he guffawed at his son. "Ya got me good, boy!" he chortled, "Ya got me good." He then leaned against the doorway, watching the way the chicks - since he supposed that was what they were called, chicks, based on the way that Peter had yelled the name loudly - peeped and followed the Terran around, orienting themselves around him the way a moon would a planet. "Where'd ya even find th' lil' peepers anyway, boy?" he asked, contemplating petting one of them with a finger but not wanting to bend down to scoop it up either.

Template by Kira of IW
Hero
years old
year old
Hero
15 🜚 25
played by Marie
Rocket
Rocket
— guest
posted on Apr 21 2018, 05:04 PM
( )
Rocket grumbled a little when he heard a bunch of commotion coming from Quill's room. Really? He was trying to concentrate on souping up the shield generator. One capacitor placed backwards and they'd end up imploding on themselves. Rocket grumbled and just got up, going to see what was going on. "Really, don't you people know how delicate it is to recalibrate the systems of a ship designed to travel in space. One wrong move and we are space dust. What is all the commotion about anyway?" Rocket stopped in his tracks when he saw the small chicks circling around Peter's legs like he was their mama.

Rocket looked between Yondu and Peter a moment before coming into the room. He picked one of the chicks up and looked it over. "What are these things? They look like they'd be crunchy and delicious. Why do they even have space helmets on?" Rocket asked, looking it over before taking the little space helmet off the chick and then tossing it into his mouth and started crunching it.

Rocket made sure to crunch through the tiny bones and looked over at Peter. "Oh yeah, crunchy and delicious." He said, mouth still full of crunchy bones and yellow feathers.

Peter Quill, Yondu Udonta — tags
— notes
What's a raccoon?
Hero
years old
year old
Hero
4 🜚 30
played by Zodoff
Peter Quill
Peter Quill
— guest
posted on Apr 24 2018, 05:04 PM
( )
Hooked on a feeling
There was an ever-slight stutter in his confidence when he saw Yondu appear, wondering whether the Centaur would get it. Though, that quickly amended itself once Yondu guffawed, to which Peter chuckled, a wide smile across his face. He was rather proud of himself and the small chicks that rotated around him like a more organised asteroid belt.

"Where'd ya even find th' lil' peepers anyway, boy?"

"Would you believe me if I woke up with them bouncing on my bed?" Peter shrugged. He spared a glance down at the chicks that peeped happily, rather ignorant of their strange locations and clearly unbothered by the space helmets that they donned.

"Uh, did anything happen whilst I was asleep?" He gestured around the ship. Peter knew about what had happened between Rocket and Yondu - the former probably managing to rope Space-dad into agreeing with something that Peter didn't agree with.

Though, as he opened his mouth to speak, a familiar voice rattled through the door. Peter turned to see Rocket wandering through, spouting words about the Milano.

What are these things? They look like they'd be crunchy and delicious. Why do they even have space helmets on?"

Before he could spit a word out, the movement was in action. Peter had watched in mild curiousity which quickly turned into horror as he watched Rocket eat a chick. Alive. "Rocket!" Peter gave the raccoon a long suffering look before going to something that he saw as the only sensible response.

He face-palmed.

♥ spenny

Neutral
years old
year old
Neutral
20 🜚 10
played by Kira
Yondu Udonta
Yondu Udonta
— guest
posted on May 5 2018, 03:00 PM
( )
i'm mary poppins y'all

Yondu managed to get lucky; one of the chicks had floated over to the edge of the bed, and he strode forward into the room, reaching down to stroke along its feathers. Oh. Oh that was soft. He scooped it up, hearing it peep softly as he ran surprisingly soft, calloused fingers down its back. "That ain't makin' much of a lick a' sense there, boy," he stated, glancing back towards the door to see Rocket stomping into the room from where he'd been off tinkering on something or other before he had to answer the other question. Besides, if anything had happened, probably Rocket would be more likely to know than the Centaurian ever would.

Though the crunching sound of teeth on bone had Yondu whipping around, only barely keeping a whistle from spouting from his lips. "Now lissen 'ere," he stated, glaring at the other Guardian. "I'll forgive ya just this once, but if ya eat any more 'a these lil'.... 'chicks', I'll personally be feedin' yer tail t'ya, do I make myself clear?" He held the glare and then turned back to petting the chick. "Honestly, why everyone wants t'eat all th' cute lil' peepers's beyond me," he muttered, shaking his head and chuckling when another chick seemed interested enough to hop towards him.

If Peter wasn't going to get rid of the birds, he was going to have to see if he could keep a few. They were downright adorable little buggers. They'd fit right in with the little dolls he collected.

Template by Kira of IW
Hero
years old
year old
Hero
15 🜚 25
played by Marie
Rocket
Rocket
— guest
posted on May 24 2018, 03:30 AM
( )
After swallowing the crunchy chick he'd just eaten Rocket looked between the two with a frown. "Honestly what else are you supposed to do with these things? Just look at them!? Come on, you'll get tired of them in a day." Rocket shook his head a little as he looked at the little chicks running about Peter's feet. He supposed they were cute. But they still tasted good.

Rocket shook his head again. "Do whatever with the little things, just make sure they don't go crawling into anything they aint supposed to or they may destroy something vital to actually keeping the ship running and us from dying." Rocket turned around to go back to what he'd been doing before coming to see what all the commotion was, muttering to himself the whole way.

"Keeping little squishy things around that can clog exhaust fans and intake valves instead of just eating them. That is madness right there. And they call me the insane one. Can you believe that Groot?"

"I am Groot?"

"What do you mean, I shouldn't have eaten one? It was crunchy and delicious." Rocket continued to mutter, talking with the living tree companion that sat on top of his work station.

Peter Quill, Yondu Udonta — tags
— notes
What's a raccoon?
Hero
years old
year old
Hero
4 🜚 30
played by Zodoff
Peter Quill
Peter Quill
— guest
posted on Jun 16 2018, 01:25 PM
( )
Hooked on a feeling
"That ain't makin' much of a lick a' sense there, boy,"

"Yeah, it's not making much sense to me either." Peter replied, blowing air from his cheeks. Whatever it was, it seemed to have happened overnight and he hoped that it wasn't permanent. Saving the world with baby chicks to worry about was the last thing that he wanted. And though he hadn't started naming them yet, he wouldn't want to see them end up as collateral.

He eyed Rocket as he conversed with Groot, tilting his head as a smirk crossed his features. "Thank you, Groot." Peter walked one way, the chicks followed - still orbiting around him as he changed directions and walked the other way. It was a curious mystery. "Who d'you think put the helmets on them?"

At least things had settled down long enough for him to lean against one of the walls of his ship in close proximity between Yondu and Rocket. He didn't really want to bring up the fact that they had left the ship by themselves but, he needed to. "Was anyone going to bring me into the cut of units? Or did you think I wasn't going to notice?"

♥ spenny

Neutral
years old
year old
Neutral
20 🜚 10
played by Kira
Yondu Udonta
Yondu Udonta
— guest
posted on Jul 1 2018, 09:33 PM
( )
i'm mary poppins y'all

Yondu scoffed at Rocket, still almost wishing that he could whistle and solve the problem. He was just being petty about the little chick; the Centaurian had always had a soft spot for small fluffy things (which, unfortunately, had included a much younger Peter, even though he'd never admit that part out loud), and the chicks definitely fell into that category. "Course not. Ya keep 'em fer company. Mebbe teach 'em t' bring back shiny things." He raised an eyebrow, stepping aside as Peter started to walk, and he toyed with the thought for a moment of drifting away, but he ultimately followed behind him, kept interested by the small trail of birds who peeped and contentedly followed behind the Hume.

The Ravager captain tossed a shrug to the question. "Who knows? Whoever it was, they had an eye fer detail," he remarked, lifting a chick up carefully in a hand and inspecting the small helmet. "Functions almost as well as yers does, boy, an' it's t' scale t' boot." His eyes flickered a little over to Peter as the Hume spoke again, but he didn't tense up, entirely casual about the confrontation. "Why should we have, boy?" he pointed out, his attention still on the chick. "We ain't usin' yer ship or yer things. Ain't no skin offa yer back, an' we were back 'fore ya even noticed, if it took ya this long t' figure it out."

Template by Kira of IW
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

Ideal World was established in December 2016 as a site idea by Kira from the assorted Marvel, X-Men, and DC Cinematic Universes and with heavy inspiration from other sources, namely the original comics by Marvel and DC.

Everybody Knows skin created by Kuroya of OOC exclusively for Ideal World, so please do not rip or steal. Assorted icon macros come courtesy of Font Awesome, customizable code boxes and cbox toggle come thanks to Nicole of CTTW, the modal popups are by Black of Code, and the tooltip styling was originally by Malihu. ; all edits were made by Kuroya.

All posts and content belong to their original owners, so please do not steal them.