+
ideal world an alternate universe marvel + dc roleplay
synopsis The world is once again in an age of heroes. After the events of New York, the world has been in chaos, with threats to the world's safety coming more often than they ever have. SHIELD could no longer conceal the presence of metahumans, and when they fell, taken down from the inside by Hydra, they left humanity vulnerable to threats it never could have imagined, until the forces of evil managed to rupture the divide between universes. With the fate of the world balancing upon the shoulders of these rising heroes, just where will your place be in this new ideal world?

ideal world is an alternate universe Marvel + DC roleplay hosted on Jcink Premium since December 2016. Set following the events of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Justice League, and X-Men: Apocalypse, we are based primarily within the cinematic universes but with more than enough flexibility to allow for inspiration to be drawn from other sources, such as comics, video games, television series, animated shows, and more. We pride ourselves on our relaxed environment and easy-going nature to create a safe and welcoming community for all of our members.
staff
please register characters using
a given name with proper case,
ie Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne
news
Activity Check ⇀ June 23 - June 30
Ultron Event ⇀ June 1
Activity Check ⇀ May 24 - May 31
May Newsletter ⇀ May 1
Activity Check ⇀ April 23 - April 30

Add Reply

Canniborc's Originally Titled Plotter, Hernan Guerra
Player
years old
year old
Player
0 🜚 0
played by Canniborc
Canniborc
Canniborc
— guest
posted on Jul 8 2018, 12:31 PM
( )
Hello and welcome to my plotter! Not my wittiest moment coming up with the title, but it gets the point across. One of the first things you’re likely to notice about me is I tend not to use post templates and similar graphics, as I find those more difficult to read, and I enjoy the writing part far more than coding.

Character List:

-Hernan Guerra.

It’s a short list! It’ll get longer eventually. I tend to make OCs more than canons, so will need to do some hoarding first.

ABOUT THE PLAYER:

Information I figure might be useful.

Posting Speed: Every few (2-4) days on average is ideal for me. I like to have a couple of posts on a fairly regular basis. While this isn’t the only speed I can do (that sounded like a double entendre all of a sudden), it is preferred.

Reminders: If I take more than 5 days to post, then something is keeping me busy. I’m fine with a reminder, at the very least it will remind me to keep you in the loop if I haven’t been.

Roleplay Habits: Generally I prefer to only be in 1 or 2 threads at once with a given player, so if we’re already in a few plots together I might turn down a third or fourth. The reason is if one of us delayed by the demon Inrylyfe, it doesn’t cause all our threads to come to a screeching halt.

Similarly, I prefer threads of 2-3 people, I’d rather be waiting for 1 person each in 2 plots than waiting twice as long in one plot.

Discussion: Please do! I like information! Discuss plot ideas, if you have any direction in mind for a plot, tell me. I like there being regular OOC interaction with fellow players.

Discord/IM: Until we get to know each other a little better, until we’re in the habit of sending each other messages, I’d prefer to keep things on-site. I only give out my contact information if it seems like we’re becoming friends.

HERNAN GUERRA:

Introduction:

For those unfamiliar with him, Hernan Guerra is the alternate universe Superman from Justice League: Gods & Monsters. The son of General Zod, raised by a Mexican-American family who found him as a baby,

Compared to the traditional Superman, Hernan is far more jaded and cynical, while just as kind. Hernan is not trying to live by a code or achieve a given ideal, he is just someone who wants to help people. No deep philosophy, no specific moral system needed, just wanting the best for others. Wanting to change the world for the better. Hernan’s kindness is all from the heart.

But without anything to hold him back, people worry. What is to stop him from taking over? And nobody knows the answer. He might even be thinking about it. He’s a Superman who can entertain that thought without going off the deep end.

Friends/Allies:

Compassion in Hernan’s default. If he sees someone in any kind of trouble he’ll help them. Has a huge soft spot for the underdog. He is the kind of guy who met a vampire eating a rat and immediately offered the vampire a place to stay…

Acts as Superman full-time, not bothering with a civilian identity, so he can use his powers to help with rebuilding or a public works project or something important. Any good cause might find El Hombre de Acero willing to lend a hand.

Also! Is looking for anyone to help recover some of the damaged information from his Kryptonian Birthing Matrix.

Foes/Rivals:

Villains are an obvious one. Harming innocents will be a quick way to upset him. One problem is Hernan is a lot more willing to use lethal force than your standard superhero, so it might be worth planning plots appropriately.

Apart from that, more difficult to provoke than his gruff demeanour appears. Hernan will grumble or argue, but he’s not going to hurt someone just for annoying him.

Has an antagonistic relationship with the US government - it never had his family’s best interests at heart, not until they discovered Hernan was unstoppable. As a result, Hernan supports America while holding his nose.

Lovers/Romance:

It is possible. Single, willing to check someone out, and has had a lot of hookups in the past. Less interested in hookups now, since his former self-indulgence was a symptom of despair, and there have been signs of him developing feelings for a friend-with-benefits. Not actively looking, but open to the possibility if something does bloom.
Villain
years old
year old
Villain
18 🜚 40
played by Zodoff
Dru-Zod
Dru-Zod
— guest
posted on Jul 8 2018, 01:31 PM
( )
Zod and Hernan

Well, lets get the cogs spinning shall we? Zod's still acclimatising to his powers, having very recently arrived on Earth out of the Phantom Zone but I think he's mostly mastered them at this point. Of course, this isn't the Zod that is his father - but nonetheless, the two of them will be butting heads a lot. Though, saying this, I'm not willing to have Zod's neck broken again and I have been planning a redemption arc with Dunkin and Ameri, so there's hope XD
Player
years old
year old
Player
0 🜚 0
played by Canniborc
Canniborc
Canniborc
— guest
posted on Jul 9 2018, 10:50 AM
( )
A redemption arc for Zod sounds very interesting. Personally I’m an absolute sucker for redemption stories.

One angle I’m undecided on is whether Hernan has found out the truth about Zod yet, or if he still thinks his father was a hero - in which case Hernan’s first impulse would be to assume Zod’s imprisonment in the Phantom Zone was unjust, and his second impulse upon finding out Zod is currently a madman would be to assume his imprisonment in the Phantom Zone did that to him.

To get around the lethal force issue (personally I think neck-breaking shouldn’t work on a Kryptonian), I don’t think Hernan knows how to kill another Kryptonian, which forces him to seek alternatives to killing. I’d like to explore that learning curve as he figures out alternatives.

How would you like they to discover each other?

Hernan is fairly public, his Tower of Justice/Watchtower is not disguised at all. The fact he’s been working construction since a disaster is kind of known about, and he’ll often go where the government sends him, sometimes openly, sometimes in secret.

What is Zod up to? How does he spend his time?
Villain
years old
year old
Villain
18 🜚 40
played by Zodoff
Dru-Zod
Dru-Zod
— guest
posted on Jul 9 2018, 12:26 PM
( )
Zod and Hernan

I'm happy to work with any angle, as I've never had the opportunity to play Zod against Hernan and it was a shame there wasn't anymore JL:GAM because that was amazing.

In terms of what I've read, some theorise that the neck-breaking is just another way of temporarily kicking a Kryptonian out of the game - like a very, very deep sleep until the cells regen or something along those lines.

What Zod's been up to? Mildly trying to fly under the radar, build up his strength as he was almost immediately put to the ground after arriving on Earth by Hal Jordan and Superman so he's not willing to chance it again and is pooling up resources, etc. Of course, it would be cool to have him try and attempt to take over the world - though whether or not that would be quickly foiled is up in the air XD

Cause admittedly, I'm still having a feel out for the character in his daily life when he's not up to no good.

He could pay a visit to 'Superman' to assert his dominance or something as he's been slightly itching for a fight - though again, I'm not sure how it would end.
Player
years old
year old
Player
0 🜚 0
played by Canniborc
Canniborc
Canniborc
— guest
posted on Jul 11 2018, 12:01 PM
( )
Been trying to think of some solid ideas, although nothing is leaping out at me so far. Been dealing with a touch of mental burnout from other things, and I’m still trying to get a feel for his daily life too.

-Since Zod is trying to stay under the radar, how public have his previous activities been? If there is anything relating to Krypton that Hernan could reasonably have found out about (like wreckage from a ship, or so on) then Hernan would be sure to investigate - and if Zod’s been observing it too, that could bring Hernan to Zod’s attention. Or if there’s anything Krypton or even just alien-related in general, I could see them both taking a look.

-Maybe the government sends their own Superman to follow up on a lead that reaches Zod, I’m not sure what leads there could be. Maybe something from the arsenal of the Forever People, if Zod would be interested in controlling their super-tech?

-Another thought, if we want to give Zod a more compelling reason to go to the Tower of Justice, is if Hernan is known to be Kryptonian, then his home would be a fair place to look for any remaining Kryptonian tech to salvage.

-Who’s that guy in orbit? If they are flying high in the air for whatever reason, they could end up noticing each other just because the upper atmosphere is pretty empty of people.
Villain
years old
year old
Villain
18 🜚 40
played by Zodoff
Dru-Zod
Dru-Zod
— guest
posted on Jul 14 2018, 09:19 AM
( )
Zod and Hernan

-Another thought, if we want to give Zod a more compelling reason to go to the Tower of Justice, is if Hernan is known to be Kryptonian, then his home would be a fair place to look for any remaining Kryptonian tech to salvage.

I definitely like this particular thought. It would certainly be interesting to have the two of them meet as such, and would give Zod an opportunity to build something or perhaps manipulate the situation as such to put it into his own advantage.

-Maybe the government sends their own Superman to follow up on a lead that reaches Zod, I’m not sure what leads there could be. Maybe something from the arsenal of the Forever People, if Zod would be interested in controlling their super-tech?

Zod's been sort of not successfully hiding under the radar. Black skin-suit, punching Supergirl into buildings and sparking fights with Green Lantern are all things that Hernan could hear about, as well as the fact that the OG Zod of this universe was turned into Doomsday and this is a new Zod from an AU. So, there's a high chance that Hernan would have heard of Zod's arrival and maybe would seek him out?
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

Ideal World was established in December 2016 as a site idea by Kira from the assorted Marvel, X-Men, and DC Cinematic Universes and with heavy inspiration from other sources, namely the original comics by Marvel and DC.

Everybody Knows skin created by Kuroya of OOC exclusively for Ideal World, so please do not rip or steal. Assorted icon macros come courtesy of Font Awesome, customizable code boxes and cbox toggle come thanks to Nicole of CTTW, the modal popups are by Black of Code, and the tooltip styling was originally by Malihu. ; all edits were made by Kuroya.

All posts and content belong to their original owners, so please do not steal them.