+

ideal world an alternate universe marvel + dc roleplay
synopsis The world is once again in an age of heroes. After the events of New York, the world has been in chaos, with threats to the world's safety coming more often than they ever have. SHIELD could no longer conceal the presence of metahumans, and when they fell, taken down from the inside by Hydra, they left humanity vulnerable to threats it never could have imagined, until the forces of evil managed to rupture the divide between universes. With the fate of the world balancing upon the shoulders of these rising heroes, just where will your place be in this new ideal world?

ideal world is an alternate universe Marvel + DC roleplay hosted on Jcink Premium since December 2016. Set following the events of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Justice League, and X-Men: Apocalypse, we are based primarily within the cinematic universes but with more than enough flexibility to allow for inspiration to be drawn from other sources, such as comics, video games, television series, animated shows, and more. We pride ourselves on our relaxed environment and easy-going nature to create a safe and welcoming community for all of our members.
staff
please register characters using
a given name with proper case,
ie Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne
news
Activity Check ⇀ June 23 - June 30
Ultron Event ⇀ June 1
Activity Check ⇀ May 24 - May 31
May Newsletter ⇀ May 1
Activity Check ⇀ April 23 - April 30

Add Reply

love me when the morning comes, wanda maximoff
Hero
years old
year old
Hero
4 🜚 20
played by Dunkin' Oreos
Tommy Shepherd
Tommy Shepherd
β€” guest
posted on Jul 12 2018, 12:18 AM
( )

Rain falling to the pavement, ground coffee, freshly baked cinnamon rolls, cigarette smoke. That's how Tommy knew he was back in Chicago. You never really realize how 'home' smells like until you've been away for too long. The wind pulled in from his hometown to ruffle his shock white hair as he made his way through the streets, head hung low, bright blue eyes trained on his own all-star sneakers, as he constantly remained oh so pointedly aware of the stares in his direction. He wished to run away, but to where? He had nowhere to go right now. Well, that was a lie, Thomas did have somewhere to go, he was only avoiding it ever since he'd found out. A soft whimper escaped his lips as he shook his head softly, resigned to his own choices. And finally, decide he did. So he has a foot on the ground in Chicago one second, and then one foot in Pennsylvania the next. He sees all the sights and weaves through cars and cities with unstable ease - and only a few minutes stretch out into miles and miles of more until he finds his footing in New York City.

And now, as he stood near the Avengers Tower, Tom couldn't help but wonder what the hell was he doing there anyway. It's not like it mattered, right? She wouldn't recognize him. Wanda Maximoff wasn't his mother any more than Mary Shepherd was, and God knows how that turned out for him last time. Still, even as he turned to leave, his head tilted to the side, gaze lingering at the large glass-pane doors. For a moment there, he stood still, completely still, something that'd never happened any time before in his entire life until... Until he felt it. A draw, almost, a gentle and subtle tugging that pushed and nudged him closer towards the doors, almost as if a part of him could feel her.

Nevermind that, just.. baby steps Shepherd, you can’t dive in too quick. He placed his NASA baseball cap on the top of his head, covering most of his white hair and stepped closer to the doors, his witty smile and confident attitude coming back as fast as the thoughts that raced through his mind. He didn't even know if this would work, I mean, how many people or fans and groupies came in every single day, asking for one of the Avengers? But he had to try. He had to, for all heaven's sake. Please, please. Even if he was doing this without his brother, even if she would look straight into his eyes and not recognize him for the least bit, he had to. His entire body shook as he stepped inside the large hall, the symbol for the Avengers prominently showcased on the wall, sending a new rush of adrenaline through his veins, a new and sudden realization of what he was about to do nearly placing a knot in his throat the size of a golfball. Shoving his hands into his pockets, he softly whistled a little tune to himself, anything to distract him at the moment until he could be able to find her, light eyes now trained on a young-looking secretary that stood by one of the reception desks: "Hey, um, uh, Miss? I'm looking for Wanda Maximoff..? I mean, uhm. The Scarlet Witch. Do you know where she is?"

Wanda Maximoff

really, me's all you need
Hero
years old
year old
Hero
9 🜚 10
played by Bec
Wanda Maximoff
Wanda Maximoff
β€” guest
posted on Jul 12 2018, 03:23 PM
( )
Im boredrline good
and im borderline bad.
Wanda had just gotten back from visiting with her father which...was odd, to say the least of all things. She had just gone to visit Vision updating him about what she found out because despite how she didn't truly know him she still felt the need to update him on these things he had left a while back to check on something. She was glad to have Clint and Vision to talk to well her brother was MIA once again. Honestly, she was gonna smack Pietro one of these days.

Shaking her head the young women looked around the empty room she was in and sighed, then she opened the window and took a deep breath before smiling, maybe she could go visit that bakery that made sweets like her mama did back home. Getting ready for the day she came out of the shower to find her outfit her hair resting nicely around her face, framing it. As she grabbed her bag she couldn't help but feel as if something was tugging her downstairs, she had no idea what or who maybe but then again the last time she felt this was with Vision, so maybe Viz was just returning to the tower. Shaking it off the young witch made her way to the elevator.

Scrolling through the phone Clint had helped her set up she laughed when she spotted one of his texts shaking her head before putting it down. Just before the elevator opened she heard Anya's voice, the lady had been ever so kind to her when she first got here and so every so often Wanda brought her down a lunch. But this time it wasn't directed towards her but someone else. "I'm sorry kid but unless you have a meeting or Ms Maximoff is expecting you I can't let you in" The elevator doors opened revealing said, woman. Wanda stood there in one of her signature red leather jackets, her brown hair framing her face nicely, her eyes filled with curiosity. Who was asking for her? It couldn't be Pietro, Wanda showed Anya a photo of him a while ago so she would've just let him up.

Finally, Wanda's eyes found the young boy standing there, he looked scared, worried, curious but also hopeful. Walking out of the elevator, just as she stood still is when Anya finally noticed her. "Oh Wanda, I was just-" Wanda held up a hand flashing a small smile. Walking over she pulled a tiny little lunch box from her bag setting it down on Anya's desk. "Go for your lunch break... It's okay, I don't mind stopping to talk to a fan every now and again, I'm not going anywhere important. If Viz comes back to tell him I left him dinner in the fridge and please inform Clint not to mess with my coffee again" She gave Anya a small wink before turning back to the boy.

"Now...whom do we have here?" She asked raising an eyebrow. "You seem to already know me but...I have no clue who you are and not many people know where to find me so...I'm not exactly the most popular Avenger-" She laughed softly holding out her hand. "-You already know who I am but anyway, I'm Wanda Maximoff pleasure to meet you Mr?" Tilting her head to the side waiting for a response. He looked so familiar yet...she knew for sure she had never seen this boy in her life...so...who was he?

GAT
Tommy Shepherd
SDROW
SETON
Notes
Hero
years old
year old
Hero
4 🜚 20
played by Dunkin' Oreos
Tommy Shepherd
Tommy Shepherd
β€” guest
posted on Jul 12 2018, 04:48 PM
( )

Thomas groaned at the woman's words, pulling his cap over his eyes for a moment. "I-I need to see her" He spoke quietly and quickly, more to himself than anything else. He could try just sitting in the hall until she appeared? But even if he could manage to stand still for more than a few seconds, why would he? What would he even say to her? "Hey, it's me, the son you don't even know you have?" No, that was too forward. He needed to be subtle, even though subtle to him most times translated to pretty much using a sledgehammer to crack an egg. Why'd he chosen to do this without his brother again? Or even at all?! Well, so far so good for now, and since it seemed like he wouldn't be able to see his mother anyway, he turned on his heels to leave, ready to get the hell out of dodge before Miss Secretary over there would change her mind and take him to see Wanda Maximoff. That is, he was getting out of there. Then, he heard her voice.

He turned around slowly, heart almost nearly stopping and he could also barely breathe as she approached him. Thomas' jaw dropped in shock as his eyes ran over his mother, completely and totally astonished by her. He'd never really gotten over how strange it was at first, meeting his brother. Seeing his exact features mirrored onto someone else, but now lo and behold, it seemed like it'd happened all over again. His eyes, his nose... Wow. Uncanny, really. He bet she could see the shock registered on his face before he even could be able to hide it. Tom's eyes were trained on her own, but he couldn't help noticing the small smile that played on her lips, one that remarked incredibly his own. But it wasn't what she said that caught him off guard though. Her words were like an apple pie, sweet in their somehow oh-so-close to home sort of way, but it was the simple richness of her tones – somehow warm, the accent heavily tugging on his mind. Fuck.

Now, this, this had been a bad idea, this had pretty much been the Titanic of bad ideas, and really at the moment, all he wished for was to disappear. But, looking at her, standing so close to him... He could almost feel a tugging inside of himself, trying to nudge himself closer to her while still remaining completely still. For a moment he hesitated, another quiet whimper escaping his lips as the very real situation he'd just put himself in washed over his senses, but all he did was let out a nervous chuckle. The speedster took her hand, a shiver of electricity running down his spine as they touched. "Uhm, it's Shepherd. T-Tommy Shepherd" He smiled nervously, bringing his free hand to his hair and knocking down his cap in the process. The boy kneeled to the floor to pick it up again, his cheeks turning a tone or two redder as his shock-white hair was exposed, scared of a reaction. People were constantly on and on about how similar he looked to Quicksilver, and now what? What if she noticed it as well? This was a bad plan. This was the worst plan. Wait a second... He didn't even have a plan! Goddamnit, Shepherd. "J-Just... call me Tommy. I-I was looking for you" At this time, his voice was no louder than a whisper, shock slowly fading from his face. "Could we... Could we talk for a second?"

Wanda Maximoff

really, me's all you need
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

Ideal World was established in December 2016 as a site idea by Kira from the assorted Marvel, X-Men, and DC Cinematic Universes and with heavy inspiration from other sources, namely the original comics by Marvel and DC.

Everybody Knows skin created by Kuroya of OOC exclusively for Ideal World, so please do not rip or steal. Assorted icon macros come courtesy of Font Awesome, customizable code boxes and cbox toggle come thanks to Nicole of CTTW, the modal popups are by Black of Code, and the tooltip styling was originally by Malihu. ; all edits were made by Kuroya.

All posts and content belong to their original owners, so please do not steal them.