+
ideal world an alternate universe marvel + dc roleplay
synopsis The world is once again in an age of heroes. After the events of New York, the world has been in chaos, with threats to the world's safety coming more often than they ever have. SHIELD could no longer conceal the presence of metahumans, and when they fell, taken down from the inside by Hydra, they left humanity vulnerable to threats it never could have imagined, until the forces of evil managed to rupture the divide between universes. With the fate of the world balancing upon the shoulders of these rising heroes, just where will your place be in this new ideal world?

ideal world is an alternate universe Marvel + DC roleplay hosted on Jcink Premium since December 2016. Set following the events of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Justice League, and X-Men: Apocalypse, we are based primarily within the cinematic universes but with more than enough flexibility to allow for inspiration to be drawn from other sources, such as comics, video games, television series, animated shows, and more. We pride ourselves on our relaxed environment and easy-going nature to create a safe and welcoming community for all of our members.
staff
please register characters using
a given name with proper case,
ie Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne
news
Ultron Event ⇀ June 1
Activity Check ⇀ May 24 - May 31
May Newsletter ⇀ May 1
Activity Check ⇀ April 23 - April 30

Add Reply

Here Kitty Kitty, Tag: Bucky (kira)
Hero
years old
year old
Hero
152 🜚 195
played by Marie
Tony Stark
Tony Stark
β€” guest
posted on Apr 1 2018, 05:07 PM
( )
It was so sudden, Tony had no idea where it had come from or how to find it. One moment he was a normal guy flying around in his Iron Man suit, just doing a few flyby's to make sure things were quiet. The next minute he was feeling a sudden pain at his tail bone and on top of his head. Soon, it had gotten so bad he had to get out of the suit.

Tony landed in a back alley so not to attract attention. The moment he stepped out of his suit and caught glimpse of himself from a reflection in a dirty window he nearly screeched. He had a pair of furry ears and a dark furry tail sticking out of his ass. Where the hell had these come from!?

"Jarvis, what happened to me!?" Tony whispered harshly to the suit of armor still standing next to him.

"My scans indicate that your DNA has been altered. However, I wouldn't worry much sir. The report suggests that the effects are deteriorating at a steady rate. My diagnosis is that these effects should only last 24 hours." Jarvis explained to him. They could try to find out how and why this happened, and find a cure. But to be honest the effects would wear off before they'd be able to synthesize anything to reverse the effects.

"Great, so I'm a neko for a day..." Tony grumbled, looking around. "Alright, just take a sample of my DNA so we can study this later. In the meantime, I'd just better get somewhere safe to wait this out." Tony said and looked around.

"Might I suggest Sergeant Barnes, sir? He is very close and the two of you have been getting along quite well." Jarvis suggested as the suit came over to take the sample Tony wanted. "And besides, you do have a crush on him."

Tony looked up at the suit, looking flabbergasted at the AI's insinuations. "Who told you!?" He demanded

Jarvis looked at Tony for a moment, mustering the best stale tone he could. "No one, sir. It is very obvious." Jarvis guided the suit to grab Tony to fly him to Bucky, where the super soldier was settled in a safe house. He would've opened the armor for Tony but there just wasn't room enough for the ears or tail without harming him.

A moment later they landed near the safe house Bucky had taken up in. Tony carefully climbed the steps, arms wrapped around himself feeling so out of his element. He reached up and knocked, looking around trying to make sure no one saw him and his new accessories. When he heard boots coming to the door he spoke so Bucky knew who it was behind the door. "It's Tony." He said. He felt bad for just kind of, showing up. But he didn't know what else to do. When Bucky cracked open the door Tony looked up at him, tail swishing a bit behind him. "Sanctuary?" he asked, looking like a pathetic little kitten, ears down and dejected.

Bucky Barnestags
I Am Iron Man.
Neutral
years old
year old
Neutral
130 🜚 10
played by Kira
Bucky Barnes
Bucky Barnes
β€” guest
posted on Apr 2 2018, 07:08 PM
( )

Bucky had gotten lucky, it seemed. He'd been rather immune from the effects that were popping up everywhere, probably because of the serum and the training Hydra had put him through, and he'd been keeping the cats inside for their own protection, trusting in the filters that he knew Tony had likely installed on the safehouse to keep his felines from suffering today too. He was fully prepared to hunker down and stay that way until everything cleared up again, but it seemed the universe didn't intend for that to happen.

He got a small alert on the device that the genius had given him, and after carefully herding the two cats inside a room and closing the door, he ventured downstairs, just in time for the knock. He had a handgun nearby, wary, but he hadn't even flicked the safety off, confident enough in the message that it was Tony, and that seemed to be born out by the sound of the man's voice on the other side of the door. He didn't set the gun aside, of course, Hydra had trained him far too well for that, but his caution was rather knocked out of him when, the moment he cracked the door open, he suddenly had a large black-and-white ball of fur knocking against his legs with a loud prrrt! noise, Skellington streaking out to instead rub herself bodily against Tony's legs, practically throwing open the door in the process of knocking Bucky off-balance. He was able to lean down and yank Santira back before the black cat could attempt something similar, picking up the smaller tomcat into his arms and then glancing up at Tony.

Oh. Oh. That explained why the cats practically attached themselves to the man. Bucky cleared his throat and stepped aside out of the way, ushering him inside. "Of course," he mumbled quietly. "It is your safehouse."

Template by Kira of IW
Hero
years old
year old
Hero
152 🜚 195
played by Marie
Tony Stark
Tony Stark
β€” guest
posted on Apr 2 2018, 10:41 PM
( )
Tony leaned down to gently pick up Skell when the she-cat came out and rubbed his legs, wanting to make sure she didn't take off or anything. But what with the way they were interested in him, he doubted they'd take off right now. He looked up when Bucky stood aside to let him in. "I really don't know how this happened. But Jarvis seems confident it's only gonna last 24 hours. Sorry for just kind of, showing up." Tony said, ears still a little flat, his kitty body language showing he was worried and scared.

Tony gently sat Skell back down as he came in, tail tucked between his legs. "It was so weird. One minute I was flying around in the suit, ya know just doing some flybys to make sure things were quiet over some purported Hydra hang outs. The next I'm getting this bad pain in my tailbone and head. When I landed and got out of the armor I was like this, full on Neko." Tony explained as he turned back to Bucky. "I couldn't just get back into the armor, no room for the tail or ears."

Tony looked like such a dejected cat, like his food bowl had just been taken or he'd been yelled at and was scared about being hurt. One had never really seen the full extent of Tony's self-deprecating nature until now, what with the extras spelling everything out loud and clear in cat body language. The only way he'd look more pathetic was if he was soaking wet. Though thankfully he wasn't. He just hoped he wasn't intruding on Bucky with everything.

Bucky Barnes β€” tags
I Am Iron Man.
Neutral
years old
year old
Neutral
130 🜚 10
played by Kira
Bucky Barnes
Bucky Barnes
β€” guest
posted on Apr 5 2018, 07:39 PM
( )

Skellington purred loudly as Tony picked her up, the she-cat happily rubbing against him to mark him as part of the family, the same way she had to Bucky those first few days that he'd come back for her and every time before that, when she'd been a stray on the streets and he little more than a weapon. Her tail flicked Bucky in the chest as Tony scurried inside, and well. Bucky didn't have the heart to frighten the genius more, not when his ears were telegraphing his emotions from a mile away, so he gently leaned to close the door behind the man and then leaned down to let Santira go, the tomcat darting to first rub against Tony's cheek comfortingly and then wind himself around the man's legs like Skellington was doing. "Your phone actually let me know you were coming," he offered, wanting to placate Tony.

The super soldier hesitated a moment, but even he couldn't stand up to those hidden ears. He reached out with his flesh hand, gently rubbing around the base of one, trying to perk them up a little and focusing on the offered comfort, the memory of how Santira and Skellington would respond to that rather than the fact he was doing it to Tony, not an actual kitty. "Stevie's... allergic to cats," he mumbled before he blinked at the memory that had come to him suddenly, remembering with a sharp flash of cold insight that not only was Steve not asthmatic anymore and thus able to be around cats without his breath rattling in his chest, but also that he was hiding from the other super soldier. "You can stay here for the night," he offered instead. "Until you're back to normal. Your suit can finish the patrol on its own?" Not that it was much of a question; even though his tone lifted at the end, he remembered that Hydra had documented the whole things were autonomous, hence why he'd never been deployed after Iron Man. Disabling Stark, Anthony Edward wouldn't have removed the threat.

Not that he was going to hurt the man. He'd much rather protect him. Especially while he was like this. Even if the man hadn't been kind to Bucky, the skittishness and feline attributes would have aroused all of his protective instincts. He didn't want the man to get hurt.

Template by Kira of IW
Hero
years old
year old
Hero
152 🜚 195
played by Marie
Tony Stark
Tony Stark
β€” guest
posted on Apr 12 2018, 02:41 AM
( )
Tony gave the cats some attention, showing he accepted their interactions and everything. He didn't want to be rude, for some reason he sort of understood their body language and communication. Which was odd, considering Tony was never a pet person. But he supposed it could be the changes that had occured.

Or it could be the fact he'd spent some time with Bucky and the cats, and he was just becoming a cat person. Not that he'd admit anything like that. No. He'd never admit to it, even if he enjoyed spoiling the cats. And he did like seeing the kitties- wait. Oh.

Oh

Bucky was rubbing one of the ears on top of his head and it felt fabulous. Tony's eyes closed, his ears perked right up, and he leaned into the affection. Even letting out a soft purr with the attention. His tail gave a little twitch and he moved a bit closer.

He could sense when Bucky went sort of cold, having blurted out the memory that had just come to him. So, Tony moved even closer, wanting to provide comfort and distraction for him. His purr kicked up and he suddenly understood how the cats were so attached to Bucky and why they acted as they did.

Tony opened an eye to look up at Bucky. "Yeah, the suit will finish everything up. And take a DNA sample back to the tower to be analyzed for me." Tony explained, the purr ever present even as he spoke. Which was quite a feat. Tony wasn't sure exactly what was causing the purring but it just kind of started by instinct. He wasn't complaining though.

Bucky Barnestags
I Am Iron Man.
Neutral
years old
year old
Neutral
130 🜚 10
played by Kira
Bucky Barnes
Bucky Barnes
β€” guest
posted on Apr 15 2018, 01:40 PM
( )
[Tony Stark]

It was like flicking a switch, watching the way that the tension melted right down out of Tony's limbs when Bucky started massaging at the base of one of those cat ears. The fear slunk out of him, and he crept closer to Bucky, chasing after the warmth of his fingers, and he kept offering it to the other.

He hadn't realized when his hand stilled, the flash of cold rushing through him, but he shook himself out of the funk when he felt the warm brush of Tony's skin near his own, resuming his attentions with the cats purring and pacing circles around them. It was comforting, surprisingly so, grounding him in the here and now as he gently massaged the base of the ear under his hand before he shifted to give the other the same kind of attention. "All right," he agreed softly. Tony's suit finishing up patrols would keep anyone from poking around the apartment thinking to find the engineer there; he didn't have to worry about potentially being discovered then, thankfully. By Hydra or anyone else.

"Do you need something to eat?" he asked quietly. "I was just about to feed the cats something before I made myself a sandwich or two."

Template by Kira of IW
Hero
years old
year old
Hero
152 🜚 195
played by Marie
Tony Stark
Tony Stark
β€” guest
posted on Apr 22 2018, 01:14 AM
( )
Tony had been relaxing, even purring for Bucky as he pet the new ears on top of Tony's head. He'd forgotten why he was stressed and scared. Tony even went so far as wrapping his tail around Bucky's leg a bit and started to rub his face against Bucky's shoulder. This was his now. All his.

Tony's eyes shot open when Bucky spoke about feeding the cats and having lunch. He stood back from where he'd snuggled against Bucky and looked around, his ears going back to the flat position again. That's right, he's intruding on Bucky because he got into some weird gas.

Tony looked up at Bucky, "um I haven't eaten yet today so...it'd be nice to eat." Tony replied, sort of comforted by the two cats weaving around his legs.

Bucky Barnes β€” tags
I Am Iron Man.
Neutral
years old
year old
Neutral
130 🜚 10
played by Kira
Bucky Barnes
Bucky Barnes
β€” guest
posted on Apr 24 2018, 12:45 PM
( )

It was rather cute, Bucky had to admit, watching Tony decide to start rubbing himself bodily against him much in the way that the two cats would, purring away and marking him as part of their little clan. It was typical cat behavior, but it warmed him all the more, watching just how much the man opened up when he was given some reassurance and comfort. His hand came up and around, paying more attention, though it paused the moment that Tony went stiff, dropping awkwardly as he stepped away.

The super soldier weighed out the benefits for a moment, but the cats were already meowing at their feet, Santira jumping up at Tony's arms and trusting in the man to catch him, so he left the cats to offer comfort, instead nodding. "I'll put together a tuna sandwich or two for you," he murmured, lingering for a moment before he padded to the kitchen. The cats didn't come when he opened their food cans, much to his relief, so he set one plate down for Skellington when she came in and left the other on the counter for Tony to offer to Santira before he moved onto the tuna, throwing together a large bowl of it and making himself a quick sandwich to tear into before he threw a plate together for Tony and left it up on the counter for him.

"Don't let Santira steal a bite of that," he warned. "Human tuna isn't actually usually good for cats. It upsets their stomachs, even if you aren't giving them much."

Template by Kira of IW
Hero
years old
year old
Hero
152 🜚 195
played by Marie
Tony Stark
Tony Stark
β€” guest
posted on Apr 28 2018, 11:00 PM
( )
Tony made sure to catch Santira easily, holding the little black cat securely in his arms as he shuffled to follow Bucky into the kitchen. He paused at the doorway to look around, wanting to make sure the room was clear save for Bucky and Skell. Typical cat behavior.

Tony shuffled into the kitchen then when he was sure it was clear and moved to the island counter to sit on one of the stools and gently set Santira up on the counter to start eating the food Bucky prepared for him. He pet Santira gently and smiled at the small black cat, his own cat ears perking up now that he felt more safe and was about to eat something.

Tony's stomach rumbled loudly when Bucky brought over the sandwiches, betraying that he actually hadn't eaten today and was neglecting himself. He looked a little sheepish, and looked up at Bucky. "Thank you" He said softly and took the plate to start nibbling, his fluffy tail swishing gently. He wasn't as talkative as he usually was, more reserved after what happened. But he was looking more relaxed and not as skittish. "I won't intrude any more than I have to, I promise. But, it's nice to be near someone while I'm waiting this out."

Bucky Barnes β€” tags
I Am Iron Man.
Neutral
years old
year old
Neutral
130 🜚 10
played by Kira
Bucky Barnes
Bucky Barnes
β€” guest
posted on May 3 2018, 05:31 PM
( )

Santira was purring away inside Tony's arms when the man poked his head inside the kitchen, which was how Bucky knew that he was there before he heard the footsteps venturing inside. He didn't turn around though from where he was fussing with the food, not wanting to startle the genius or make him shy away, and it was only when he finished making the sandwiches that he came over, placing the plate gently on the counter nearby. His eyes flickered up to Tony, reassessing him at the gurgle from the other's stomach, and his brow furrowed a touch before it smoothed away again.

Instead, he turned back to grab his sandwich, starting to eat slowly to feed his own serum-fueled metabolism. "You're welcome," he answered, leaning against the counter nearby after he'd swallowed his mouthful. "It's not intruding, you know. The cats like you. And it's not a trouble to share my space with you." He picked at the edge of the crust with his right hand, playing with it almost, though he disguised it as feeding the tiniest bits of the crust to Santira as a treat. "It's... nice. Being around someone." He'd almost forgotten exactly how much so, if he was being honest. And. Well. Maybe it was the cat ears, but something about Tony right now just aroused all of the caretaking instincts that he vaguely remembered from when he'd looked after a much smaller, much sicker blond man.

Template by Kira of IW
Hero
years old
year old
Hero
152 🜚 195
played by Marie
Tony Stark
Tony Stark
β€” guest
posted on May 24 2018, 09:23 PM
( )
Tony had gotten himself onto one of the stools so he could relax and eat the food Bucky had prepared for him. As he ate, and as he listened to Bucky's lovely rumbly voice Tony relaxed. His ears relaxed back into an upright position and his tail wasn't so tightly tucked against his body.

Tony glanced up at Bucky as the other spoke, admitting it was nice being around another person. The fur on Tony's ears seem to prick a bit and his ears were straight up, showing the obvious pleasure knowing that gave him. His tail swished a bit, and he even began to involuntarily pur. "I really like being around you." Tony said as he pet Santira, comforted by the little tom-cat in his arms.

Bucky Barnes β€” tags
I Am Iron Man.
Neutral
years old
year old
Neutral
130 🜚 10
played by Kira
Bucky Barnes
Bucky Barnes
β€” guest
posted on Jun 6 2018, 10:12 PM
( )

Bucky was glad to watch Tony begin to relax. The man had seemed so tense, wary, just like Santira always was when the super soldier would introduce him to a new area, and he didn't like that. It made something in him roil uneasily, and as much as he didn't always trust his instincts, this one he felt like he could.

The admission warmed him a little, and he offered a nod, thankful when Skellington started winding around his ankles pointedly, in a way she only did when he was around strange cats that had her fur u- Oh. He reached down to pick her up carefully with his metal hand - even gloved, he could still pinch her fur between his plates - and scratched one of her favorite spots with his flesh hand. "Π“Π»ΡƒΠΏΡ‹ΠΉ ΠΊΠΎΡ‚Π΅Π½ΠΎΠΊ, я Π½Π΅ ΡΠΎΠ±ΠΈΡ€Π°ΡŽΡΡŒ тСбя Π·Π°ΠΌΠ΅Π½ΡΡ‚ΡŒ." he crooned to her, dropping a fond kiss between her ears as he glanced up to make sure that Santira was still behaving for Tony before he carried the queen over to one of her sunning spots, settling her down there before coming back over. "Are you going to want another sandwich?" he asked, already planning to make a second for himself now, while he didn't have a pair of greedy kitten sniffing around to steal it from him.

Template by Kira of IW
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

Ideal World was established in December 2016 as a site idea by Kira from the assorted Marvel, X-Men, and DC Cinematic Universes and with heavy inspiration from other sources, namely the original comics by Marvel and DC.

Everybody Knows skin created by Kuroya of OOC exclusively for Ideal World, so please do not rip or steal. Assorted icon macros come courtesy of Font Awesome, customizable code boxes and cbox toggle come thanks to Nicole of CTTW, the modal popups are by Black of Code, and the tooltip styling was originally by Malihu. ; all edits were made by Kuroya.

All posts and content belong to their original owners, so please do not steal them.