+
ideal world an alternate universe marvel + dc roleplay
synopsis The world is once again in an age of heroes. After the events of New York, the world has been in chaos, with threats to the world's safety coming more often than they ever have. SHIELD could no longer conceal the presence of metahumans, and when they fell, taken down from the inside by Hydra, they left humanity vulnerable to threats it never could have imagined, until the forces of evil managed to rupture the divide between universes. With the fate of the world balancing upon the shoulders of these rising heroes, just where will your place be in this new ideal world?

ideal world is an alternate universe Marvel + DC roleplay hosted on Jcink Premium since December 2016. Set following the events of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Justice League, and X-Men: Apocalypse, we are based primarily within the cinematic universes but with more than enough flexibility to allow for inspiration to be drawn from other sources, such as comics, video games, television series, animated shows, and more. We pride ourselves on our relaxed environment and easy-going nature to create a safe and welcoming community for all of our members.
staff
please register characters using
a given name with proper case,
ie Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne
news
May Newsletter ⇀ May 1
Activity Check ⇀ April 23 - April 30
April Fool's Mini-Event ⇀ April 1 - April 30
April Newsletter ⇀ April 1
Activity Check ⇀ March 24 - March 31

Add Reply

The Blood of Battle May Run Thicker Than the Water of the Womb, but we've seen both together
years old
year old
0 🜚
played by
Barney Barton
Barney Barton
— guest
posted on Feb 25 2017, 10:18 PM
( )
Barney lounged on the couch, waiting. He wasn't sure even when Clint would be home, but he had to come back eventually. He went over what he was going to say--do--when he saw him, and kept coming up blank. Instead, he scratched the dog behind his ears. The little mutt wouldn't shut up, and there wasn't anything in the house but pizza, so he'd given him some of that. It'd quieted him down."What's even your name, pizza dog? What do you about... Pupperoni?" he suggested.He took another swig of the beer he'd found when he'd been looking for something shut the little thing up with. Good to know he'd graduated from root beer without it turning into a problem, but he probably shouldn't lead the conversation with their father's alcoholism."That wouldn't be good, would it? Hmm. What about 'hi'? Can't go wrong with that, right?"
Clint Barton
Hero
years old
year old
Hero
74 🜚 55
played by Kira
Clint Barton
Clint Barton
— guest
posted on Feb 26 2017, 12:36 AM
( )

you cast it all aside but i say

-- Barney Barton

Okay so. Apparently you learned something new every day, and today, for Clint Barton, that something was going to be the fact that you couldn't just walk out of an apartment and expect that everything would work out for you. So he'd gotten dragged out to go deal with his apartment, and even though originally he'd just wanted to clear it out and call it a day, he'd been rather easily distracted with this and that inside, until he'd realized that he should probably just haul some of this back to the Tower. So he had, and now he was wandering back, climbing the stairs slowly with his hands shoved in his pockets and Lucky left in the apartment to guard it from anyone who might want to come inside through the door where the lock had broken long ago, before Clint had darkened its doorstep to stay for a while.

He opened the door with a push of his hip, kicking it shut behind him. "You're a liar, Nat," he called, assuming it was his partner finally having arrived after he'd texted her a picture of the mess that was his things and a plea from Lucky to save him. "I thought you said you were in Euro-" Except that it wasn't Natasha sitting there on the couch. It was Barney, as though he had merely stepped out for a phone call rather than... shit, merely the vast majority of both of their lives.

He stared at his brother for a long moment before just. "Either I'm hallucinating or you have a shitload of explaining to do, but either way, Lucky, you're absolutely a dirty traitor for letting him in." And the dog, to his credit, just wagged his tail at the accusation, snagging another piece of pizza and snapping it down happily.

Template by Kira of IW
years old
year old
0 🜚
played by
Barney Barton
Barney Barton
— guest
posted on Feb 28 2017, 01:26 AM
( )
He chuckled. "Don't yell at the dog, Clint. Not his fault I got animal magnetism." He scratched the newly-identified Lucky behind his ears as the dog ate another slice. "'Lucky', huh?Been calling him 'Pupperoni'. ....Hi."This needs more than a 'hi' dumbass. "How are you....?"...You're a disgrace, Sparky.Clint Barton
Hero
years old
year old
Hero
74 🜚 55
played by Kira
Clint Barton
Clint Barton
— guest
posted on Mar 26 2017, 11:50 PM
( )

-- Barney Barton

"Absolutely his fault," Clint snorted, rubbing at his face, his voice coming through a little muffled for the cage of his arms. "He's supposed to be guarding the apartment like the vicious attack dog he was trained to be, not letting in anyone who will feed him a bit of pizza." Lucky's tail wagged harder at the scratch behind his ears, and he nuzzled Barney's hand as he ate, affectionate.

He then glanced through the mess of his arms before turning to pinch himself on the arm and blink. Huh. So. Not hallucinating probably so. "I just found out my big brother apparently isn't dead after about twenty years of falling off the face of the earth. You figure it out." He pointed a finger at his brother. "And don't encourage Lucky. He's a terrible best friend and eats all my pizza. He doesn't need you to get him to starve me in his quest for it."

Template by Kira of IW
years old
year old
0 🜚
played by
Barney Barton
Barney Barton
— guest
posted on Mar 27 2017, 12:33 PM
( )

"I'll take you out for pizza, Clint." Stop deflecting. This is your brother, pull your ass together! "I, uh."

He took a bite of slice, and finished off the beer. Liquid courage. This shouldn't be as hard as it was turning out to be. How was it he could lie without hesitation to anyone else in the world? All the stories he'd come up with, perfectly set out, tasted like ash on the back of his tongue and refused to come out. He couldn't tell him the whole truth, either. Not with him swaggering around like his goddamn idiot hero buddies, after working so long with SHIELD, to boot.

So. So part of the truth, then. Maybe he'd get a little help from Clint, if the brat had questions.

"Well. Uh. I sort of lost my memory. Got picked up by a neutral party on an op. No one knew who I was, most of my stuff was hush-hush, I know you get that much, right?" He actually had his suspicions about that, but that was the official story. Best case scenario, they probably just didn't care enough to find out. "Soon's I found out, soon's I remembered--I came looking for you, Clint."

He gestured vaguely with the mournfully empty bottle. "Saw you up on TV, fighting aliens. Good to see you're keeping up your shooting and all."

Clint Barton
Hero
years old
year old
Hero
74 🜚 55
played by Kira
Clint Barton
Clint Barton
— guest
posted on Mar 30 2017, 02:07 PM
( )

-- Barney Barton

"You're going to do a lot more than take me out for pizza," Clint corrected, rubbing at the creased near his nose and sighing. There wasn't really anything he could do, so he picked his way through the mess, around the edge of tables and counters and piles of things, until he could plop himself on the couch next to Barney, reaching over to shove Lucky away from where he was starting to sniff his way towards his brother's pizza. "Go on, shoo, Luck," he grumbled, huffing as the dog laid heavily against his legs instead, nearly toppling him right off the couch again with his weight.

The archer stayed quiet as he listened, following the words on his brother's lips the way he used to when they were kids, and he mulled them over. "I mean. I never ran into you after you left so. I figured if you were around, you had to be pretty deep," he stated, right thumb rubbing at the index finger of his other hand thoughtfully. "I, uh. Kind of got pretty high up in SHIELD after you left and I was on my own. Never came across you in anything so. I at least knew you weren't with anyone on SHIELD's radar or in SHIELD. Or found dead in a ditch. So that has to count for something, I guess." He shrugged a shoulder. "Would've been nice to have gotten a post card or something. Only got so many stories to tell the kids about you."

He snorted softly. "Yeah. New York? Damn. I was just helping with clean up." He was quiet for a moment before blowing out a breath in a great huff. "It was kind of my fault it started in the first place. Didn't have enough distance, then it was all blowing up around my ears and nothing made sense until Nat fished me out of my own goddamn mind. And well. After that, I couldn't just walk away from the war I'd accidentally helped start." He shrugged. "Didn't help I wanted revenge for what they did to Phil. So."

Template by Kira of IW
years old
year old
0 🜚
played by
Barney Barton
Barney Barton
— guest
posted on Oct 25 2017, 01:24 PM
( )

"Hell, I sent all sorts of letters before I went MIA. Bastards probably didn't send 'em," he grumbled. He lazily tossed the empty bottle across the room and out the open window. "All that security bullshit. Could've at least told you when I went missing. Bet you anything you'd've found me in like two seconds." That was usually the case. His baby brother was the number one reason most of his illicit activities didn't start until they parted ways. Clint deserved as much of a chance as he could give him, and that was already paying off for him. Recognition, two jobs, a pretty sidekick--a little young for his tastes, but hey, when midlife hit a guy, it hit hard.
"...Proud of you, you know that? Just look at you, my famous baby brother, palling around with the Avengers~ Who's the hot one, by the way...? The redhead."

Clint Barton
Hero
years old
year old
Hero
74 🜚 55
played by Kira
Clint Barton
Clint Barton
— guest
posted on Nov 16 2017, 10:06 AM
( )

-- Barney Barton

Clint snorted at his brother. "You actually thought they'd even send them in the first place? For fuck's sake, Barney, even I'm not that naive." He freed his hands up to scratch at Lucky's ears to have something to do with them, which the dog appreciated if the steady thump of the tail against the couch was anything to go by. Though he couldn't help but grin cheekily at that. "Two seconds? Try more about one. You were always shit at hide and seek. Though Laura always managed to find you faster than I did." Mostly because she'd grown up too fast, losing the sense of childishness that came with hide and seek in the process. Later, he almost wondered if it was because she hadn't liked the reminder of what had gone on with their father, but then, it wasn't particularly something he wanted to ask.

The younger scoffed slightly before he froze up at the mention of the redhead. Natasha. Nat. "I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that last part, because I like not having to bury your body and Nat probably would murder you for that. Or get someone else to do it." He huffed at his brother, jostling him with his shoulder. "And I'd prefer if you didn't talk about my best friend and the love of my life that way." He leaned back on the couch, weighing things out, as though pushing himself back had given him some kind of vantage he hadn't had before. "Her name is Natasha. Black Widow. We used to work together, before. She'll probably be the reason I end up dead one day, but then, I'll probably deserve it, and if not, I'll be good just knowing I kept her around a little longer."

Template by Kira of IW
years old
year old
0 🜚
played by
Barney Barton
Barney Barton
— guest
posted on Nov 30 2017, 05:30 PM
( )

He started ticking points off on his finger.
"Okay, so let's recap, here. You started a war. On accident. Then finished it, because some guy named Phil died. You are however in love with a spicy number in black leathers that can't take a compliment. Okay, fine, message received. Moving on. These kids you mentioned, are they yours? I've been back in the States literally one day, so a little slack would be nice."
He should have researched, at least on the way, about anything at all, but his head had been a tangle of conflicting thoughts. That had been hard enough on its own to sort through. Guess it gives us something to talk about.
"And how's, uh. How's Laurie doing...?"
If she never wanted to see his face again, he wouldn't be surprised. It was messed up, what he pulled on her, but she had a better chance of surviving alone than Clint'd had. No one wanted damaged goods. Laura'd more than made up for her age by being so damn personable and talented. He was sure she'd do well. And he'd always meant to look her up--but somehow, it'd never happened. Maybe test the waters a little, first.

Clint Barton
Hero
years old
year old
Hero
74 🜚 55
played by Kira
Clint Barton
Clint Barton
— guest
posted on Dec 12 2017, 11:52 AM
( )

-- Barney Barton

Clint rolled his eyes. "I didn't start the war, it was already there when I showed up. Sort of. There was shit involved and everyone has agreed that I really don't need to think about everything I did to help make it worse when I was...... not myself." His hand twitched and he stamped down the urge to check his pupils for the telltale glow of ice cold ocean blue. Loki and the Tesseract were gone. Natasha would never let him go back to being brainwashed again. "Phil was my old handler. Well. Mine and Nat's both. He died trying to stop the asshole who started the whole mess. He was a good guy. Buttoned up but nice. Brought me into SHIELD, before everything went tits up, and didn't bat an eye when I brought Nat in, even though I'm sure the paperwork near about gave him an ulcer."

He caught up to the last part of what his brother had said and choked a little. "C'mon, Barney, me, with kids? I'd give you a run for your money for the worst parent award," he snorted, shaking his head. "Nah, they're Laurie's kids. I visit 'em up on the farm every now and then. It's hush hush." He shrugged. "Things are all right, I guess. She gets by, and I look after the kids for her. Keep trying to fix up the place for her when things break, since she's on her own, but. Not like I'm the best at patching things up with a wrench or anything." He gave Barney a side glance. "I don't think she'd kill you if you showed up again, if that's what you're asking. She might be a bit mad and smack you a little with a spoon or a tea towel but she missed you. Dumbass."

Template by Kira of IW
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

Ideal World was established in December 2016 as a site idea by Kira from the assorted Marvel, X-Men, and DC Cinematic Universes and with heavy inspiration from other sources, namely the original comics by Marvel and DC.

Everybody Knows skin created by Kuroya of OOC exclusively for Ideal World, so please do not rip or steal. Assorted icon macros come courtesy of Font Awesome, customizable code boxes and cbox toggle come thanks to Nicole of Shine, the modal popups are by Black of Code, and the tooltip styling was originally by Malihu. ; all edits were made by Kuroya.

All posts and content belong to their original owners, so please do not steal them.