+
ideal world an alternate universe marvel + dc roleplay
synopsis The world is once again in an age of heroes. After the events of New York, the world has been in chaos, with threats to the world's safety coming more often than they ever have. SHIELD could no longer conceal the presence of metahumans, and when they fell, taken down from the inside by Hydra, they left humanity vulnerable to threats it never could have imagined, until the forces of evil managed to rupture the divide between universes. With the fate of the world balancing upon the shoulders of these rising heroes, just where will your place be in this new ideal world?

ideal world is an alternate universe Marvel + DC roleplay hosted on Jcink Premium since December 2016. Set following the events of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Justice League, and X-Men: Apocalypse, we are based primarily within the cinematic universes but with more than enough flexibility to allow for inspiration to be drawn from other sources, such as comics, video games, television series, animated shows, and more. We pride ourselves on our relaxed environment and easy-going nature to create a safe and welcoming community for all of our members.
staff
please register characters using
a given name with proper case,
ie Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne
news
May Newsletter ⇀ May 1
Activity Check ⇀ April 23 - April 30
April Fool's Mini-Event ⇀ April 1 - April 30
April Newsletter ⇀ April 1
Activity Check ⇀ March 24 - March 31

Add Reply

Broken Steetlights, open
Neutral
years old
year old
Neutral
31 🜚 60
played by Kira
Felicia Hardy
Felicia Hardy
— guest
posted on Jan 3 2018, 09:29 PM
( )
i just crossed your path

It was always a little funny how she would always feel better when she pulled on the skin-tight catsuit and put on that flimsy little mask. No matter what kind of day she'd had - good, bad, or otherwise - it just seemed to get a little bit brighter when she would pull on the persona of the Black Cat. Today was no different, as she paused for a moment to admire herself in the mirror, a smile playing at her lips as she smoothed down the leather, fingers lingering at the edges before she drew them away and turned her back on the sight. It wasn't vanity that had caused her to linger but instead an honest appreciation, something that settled warmly in her chest as she fired her grapple gun and swung up to run across the rooftops of New York, swinging where she had to but preferring the solid security of a roof beneath her.

She sighed as she landed heavily on one of the rooves in Hell's Kitchen, sauntering to the edge of the building and peeking over and around. It didn't seem like Daredevil was out yet, although that could very well change she knew, it was still rather early in the afternoon. She rolled her shoulders and made her way across a few more buildings before rappelling down, landing solidly on her feet and sauntering across until she ducked inside the abandoned building, its husk burned out from a fire long ago, and strode through the entrance to the black market, her eyes darting through the merchandise and taking stock even as her ears remained alert. Information rarely came free, but rumors... oh, rumors she could work with.

After about an hour of looking around and letting herself be seen, she ducked out and made her way back to the surface, stepping out into the fading light and soaking it in. Spider-Man had likely finished up for the day, and she felt a fleeting sense of regret that she hadn't seen her friend today, but she let it pass through her. She could always find a job to investigate. She lingered in the light, however, eyes closed, listening to see if she could pick up the telltale sounds of company. It would be nice to have a chat with someone decent before she went back down into the snake pit of the underground, after all.

Open
Template by Kira of IW
years old
year old
0 🜚
played by
William Craul
William Craul
— guest
posted on Mar 11 2018, 02:16 PM
( )
It was hard to find any good work here. The usual clients were ineffectual people that needed pointless deeds done to fulfill their equally worthless goals. Nothing big happened, at least in his experience. Today was no exception, and served well to reinforce his outlook on Hell's Kitchen. Currently standing over a woman in a back alley, gripping her by the wrist and forcing her to the ground.

"Please... I'll leave, he'll never hear from me again!"

That wasn't unexpected, the man who hired him did seem to be a complete asshole so it wouldn't surprise Crisis to discover he had been beating her. A cursory glance over what little exposed skin there was confirmed his suspicions and revealed bruises and years-old wounds that, truth be told, a very boring woman wouldn't have reason to receive. Unless she was being harmed at home. She probably grew a backbone recently and said she'd go to the police, which prompted her asshole of a husband to hire someone to deal with her. Jobs like these made his life hard, and Crisis hated that.

"That may be the case, but I have a contract to fulfill. I've been hired to hurt you." Gripping her pinky finger he quickly pulled it away from her hand at an unnatural angle, snapping it and causing the woman to scream. Releasing her hand with a sigh, he slid his hands into his pockets Crisis pulled out a scrap of paper and a pen, quickly jotting down a phone number.

... but that's it. I was hired to hurt you, nothing else. Now I'm done. If you want a bit of payback, give this number a call. I'll give you a discount."" Offering the paper to the woman, he didn't receive a reply. All she did was cradle her hand and cry, so he placed it on the ground in front of her and started his walk out of the alleyway.

He loved his job, but every job has some awful days.

TAGS: Felicia Hardy
Neutral
years old
year old
Neutral
31 🜚 60
played by Kira
Felicia Hardy
Felicia Hardy
— guest
posted on Mar 13 2018, 06:34 PM
( )
i just crossed your path

If someone had asked her exactly what had prompted her to give up, she wouldn't have been able to put her finger on it. But she slipped from her spot and climbed up onto the rooftops, sauntering across them. Maybe it was a half-realized desire to see Daredevil. Maybe it was a lingering want to run, to roam the skyline of the city and make it her own. Either way, it drove her upwards, and she wove through the fire escapes and architecture that made up Hell's Kitchen, digging her claws into the wall and making use of her grapple when she needed to.

It was the scream that distracted her, startling her as it lofted up right beside her, and she hesitated a moment before she turned on her heel and leaned down towards the alleyway where it had come from. It didn't take her long to figure out what had happened - a woman curled in agony around her hand, something bent in a way that had her stomach roiling, and a man standing over her.

Felicia ought to just walk away. But instead, she reached down to her belt, snagging some fishing wire and looping it into a lasso, perfect for her to use to knock over a nearby flower planter and jerk it off the flat of the fire escape, where it hit a few dangling clotheslines and fell down to land inches from the man's feet. Dammit. She'd missed. She pursed her lips into a pout. "You should watch where you're going," she called down to him. "People like you don't tend to come out well crossing the path of a black cat."

William Craul + others
Template by Kira of IW
years old
year old
0 🜚
played by
William Craul
William Craul
— guest
posted on Mar 13 2018, 06:57 PM
( )
William rubbed his face as he walked away from the weeping woman. He had no problem hurting and killing people that had done bad things, it was when he was hired by bad people to hurt the few remaining good ones that it got under his skin. But without the work he'd just end up at some bar again, waking up next to a stranger. Normally he could take pride in his work and it's execution, but there was nothing to be proud of in hurting a defenseless and scared woman.

Then a flower pot crashed in front of him and he did a double take. Looking around slowly his eyes eventually made it to the roof where a woman in a catsuit was shouting at him, something about cats? Was there a vigilante furry gang inside Hell's Kitchen that he wasn't aware of?

Gesturing to the broken pot next to him he replied. "I think I'll be alright if that's all the felines have in store." It was difficult to make much out about his new friend from this distance, while they were half hidden by a roof, maybe he could coax her down to talk.

"Is there something I can help you with?" He shouted back, beckoning her to come and talk. The woman on the ground was now trying to get a glimpse of who Crisis was talking to, maybe hoping for some help? He wasn't sure, why would she be looking for assistance when he had already said he wasn't going to hurt her anymore?

TAGS: Felicia Hardy + Others
Neutral
years old
year old
Neutral
31 🜚 60
played by Kira
Felicia Hardy
Felicia Hardy
— guest
posted on Mar 14 2018, 12:19 PM
( )
i just crossed your path

Felicia's eyes narrowed at the man's response, and she felt an immediate petty urge to shove another planter off the fire escape directly onto his head. Unfortunately for her, however, she was rather out of further ammunition - which was a shame, but she supposed it was for the best, since she supposed it was rather churlish of her to completely destroy someone's garden because she had a bone to pick with one of the assholes who had come across her in Hell's Kitchen - so she restrained herself.

"Yes, you can get out of Hell's Kitchen," she stated crossly, ignoring the way he was gesturing towards her. She was getting vibes akin to the Punisher off this guy, and while Frank Castle was just as dangerous from a distance as he was up close, she felt safe enough further away, where she'd have the time to duck behind a roof if things got dicey. "Daredevil doesn't like strangers in his territory, and even if he doesn't mind, typically the Punisher doesn't take too kindly to people who hurt others." She flexed her hand, claws shooting out for her to be able to scrape the edge against the concrete, the vibranium letting out a screech that sent an instinctive shiver up her spine and the taste of copper flooding into her mouth.

"Of course, I'm not a fan of men who think it's okay to hurt women for no good reason, so if you don't watch your step, I might just use you as a scratching post."

William Craul + others
Template by Kira of IW
years old
year old
0 🜚
played by
William Craul
William Craul
— guest
posted on Mar 14 2018, 03:08 PM
( )
Namedropping never made William reconsider his plans unless he had good reason to. In his experience people would invoke the name of whoever they could think of in order to get out of the current situation. 'But my dad is the mayor!' 'My mom works for the police!'. It didn't even make him hesitate anymore, but it did give him insight on who he was dealing with. If she was speaking of Daredevil and the Punisher so casually maybe she knew them somehow? Perhaps this woman was someone to be cautious around after all.

"I appreciate the concern, but I think I'll be fine!" He shouted back up to her before looking around the alleyway, reacting to her final comment. It took him a moment to realize that she was talking about him hurting people for no good reason, despite him having a very good reason to do so. That reason was he was being paid. "I think there's a misunderstanding, I only did that because I was paid to, I'm not interested in hurting random people without some form of compensation, I am a professional after all." Despite his best intentions he didn't think this would be taken well.

"Do we really have to keep shouting? I feel like this conversation would be easier if we were at the same altitude." As a show of good faith he pulled out his pistol, aiming it in the air and unloading the magazine before storing it in his jacket and pulling the slide, ejecting the currently loaded bullet and pocketing it. He held it up in mock-surrender before pocketing it again.

"I'm a very reasonable person, if you give me a chance."

TAGS: Felicia Hardy + Others
Neutral
years old
year old
Neutral
31 🜚 60
played by Kira
Felicia Hardy
Felicia Hardy
— guest
posted on Mar 18 2018, 08:30 PM
( )
i just crossed your path

Felicia scowled at his statement, and for one prolonged, petty moment, she almost wanted to disappear and see if she could wrangle up the Punisher, just so that she could watch the man squirm. Not that she couldn't manage it herself, of course she could, but there was something to be said about the satisfaction she could get in watching Punisher - or Daredevil, to be honest, she wasn't particularly picky - chase around men who drove her up the wall.

Instead, she let her eyes narrow, and when she saw the flash of his gun, she ducked back behind the edge of the roof, waiting for one prolonged moment, two, three, the moments lingering tensely, spinning out endlessly, like a string of elastic that refused to snap. Eventually, she pushed herself up and peeked over, ready to duck behind cover again and narrowing her eyes when she saw the lack of a gun. She didn't trust it. And she especially didn't trust it when the man reminded her of Ryan. Or maybe it was that the woman reminded her of herself. Either way, it wasn't a flattering (or lucky) comparison.

She pushed herself back up again, visible again, and scowled, debating digging her claws into the rooftop when she managed to find something better, and a smirk turned up her lips as she leaned to fetch her prize. She considered the heft of it for a moment before she casually tossed the brick she'd found down at the man. "Sorry," she hissed, "But I'm not interested in hitmen pretending that money can make up for morality."

William Craul + others
Template by Kira of IW
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

Ideal World was established in December 2016 as a site idea by Kira from the assorted Marvel, X-Men, and DC Cinematic Universes and with heavy inspiration from other sources, namely the original comics by Marvel and DC.

Everybody Knows skin created by Kuroya of OOC exclusively for Ideal World, so please do not rip or steal. Assorted icon macros come courtesy of Font Awesome, customizable code boxes and cbox toggle come thanks to Nicole of Shine, the modal popups are by Black of Code, and the tooltip styling was originally by Malihu. ; all edits were made by Kuroya.

All posts and content belong to their original owners, so please do not steal them.